Worried about assesment after about bad report

Hi 

My had a letter sent out with a list of questions that i had to hand over to my sons nursery to fill in and send off to the paediatricitian. They did and it was posted off with out me seeing it. I asked if i could have a copy for my records which i got. They have applied for funding to our local council for him for one to one which I don't think he needs but they said to to get it they may need to move his development back slightly. I have today recieved a copy of what the council recieved and attatched at the back is a copy of the answers and its completely different to the one i was given and all lies. It paints me, my husband and even my dad in a very bad light. It says we dont care about our son and he has no support that they tried to liase with us on numerous occasions. That we laughed off anything they said. Its completly opposite. We got the autism referral ourselves through speech and lang. And had to go in a few times to them as we were getting no feedback from them on his behaviour. They were constantly giving him timeouts and not telling us. Im worried this report that i knew nothing about will affect his diagnosis. Should i call the paediatricitian. He isnt going back to the nusery now i we have found this out as the trust just isnt there now. 

Parents
  • Hi NAS37902

That is frustrating - I am going to post the number for the NAS Helpline just in case you'd like to contact them for advice and support.

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform - https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

• Thankyou so much. I'll give them a call. It makes me feel like its all our fault. I know its not the case but when you see something written about you thats so negative, however untrue, it makes you feel aweful. Xxx

• What Graham says is also good advice. Keep communication to emails so you have copies etc, copy in all interested parties to all emails and keep to the facts/observations and keep your feelings out of it or they’ll throw that at you as well. I wish you all the best. Your son is in very good hands (with you) and that’s the only consolation here. This scenario is not, unfortunately, uncommon. My heart goes out to you. Can you imagine how many other people this is happening to, who are not as able as you to respond! It makes me shudder. Turn the feelings you’re having (feeling awful) around and channel them in the direction of ensuring you get the best for your son. Don’t turn them in on yourself, you have nothing to feel bad about, that’s their feelings, they are the ones feeling bad and projecting them on to you so they feel better about themselves. Best of luck X

• What Graham says is also good advice. Keep communication to emails so you have copies etc, copy in all interested parties to all emails and keep to the facts/observations and keep your feelings out of it or they’ll throw that at you as well. I wish you all the best. Your son is in very good hands (with you) and that’s the only consolation here. This scenario is not, unfortunately, uncommon. My heart goes out to you. Can you imagine how many other people this is happening to, who are not as able as you to respond! It makes me shudder. Turn the feelings you’re having (feeling awful) around and channel them in the direction of ensuring you get the best for your son. Don’t turn them in on yourself, you have nothing to feel bad about, that’s their feelings, they are the ones feeling bad and projecting them on to you so they feel better about themselves. Best of luck X

Children
No Data