Daughter doesn’t like me

My daughter is 14 and has high functioning  ASD. I feel quite deflated at the moment as she often puts me down and says quite mean things to me and if I challenge her on it she  says that I am being

horrible to her and gets upset.  She told me that  our personality’s are to different and  that I have a bad attitude and that she doesn’t like me.  I literally tiptoe around her and will do anything to make her happy. I show her so much love and attention but I’m worried that she will always feel this way regardless . Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • I struggled with my mum a lot at that age. I really couldn't cope with her being in my space and asking questions. I would get quite angry with her. A lot of the problem was to do with not being able to really show how I feel so I put up a wall between us. My relationship with my mum has massively improved during my adult years. We still have our moments occasionally but loads better than in my teenage years.

1. Thanks for the insight. It’s really helpful. Also glad to know relationships can improve in adulthood.
  • Please don't pull back on the amount of love and care you show her even though it hurts, you are her safe place, her constant. You are the one person she can trust. 

I know it can be hard to see but your relationship doesn't need to improve, this is proven but the fact that she is confident enough in your love to be able to push against you, you have a massively strong relationship.

• Please don't pull back on the amount of love and care you show her even though it hurts, you are her safe place, her constant. You are the one person she can trust. 

I know it can be hard to see but your relationship doesn't need to improve, this is proven but the fact that she is confident enough in your love to be able to push against you, you have a massively strong relationship.

Children
No Data