I am so drained and life feels exhausting

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum

my names kayleigh, I have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl.  Their ages are 10, 4, 3 and 1. My 4 year old has ASD. I was just wondering does anyone ever get down with life just the pressure of it all, the repetitiveness, the meltdowns and behaviour ect? Or is it just me? 

Its so bad and extreme sometimes that I feel like I can’t carry on and do this anymore. It’s so draining and I just don’t feel like I have any sort of life. Am always tired, am mentally drained, I have zero energy!

please does this get any easier/better? 

Parents
  • I'm new too, feeling at the end of my tether with school 

My daughter is 14 with ASD an I totally get what you mean. I regularly feel mentally and physically drained. 

Make time for yourself- is there someone who can give you a bit of respite? You need to take care of yourself to be the best mum to take care of your children. Finding the blalance is important for you all...... hugs 

there is lots of support networks out there, find some near to you. Don't be afraid to ask for help!!

things do get better as you get to know what triggers different reactions and what things can help - my daughter now relies on her iPod and noise cancelling earphones whenever we leave the house to block out external sensory input. It's made a huge difference. 

Find out what support school can offer too, it's a journey but at least you're starting it early- my daughter wasn't diagnosed until she was 12 and now it's a race against time to get things in place to support the second year of her GCSE's 

xxx

• I'm new too, feeling at the end of my tether with school 

My daughter is 14 with ASD an I totally get what you mean. I regularly feel mentally and physically drained. 

Make time for yourself- is there someone who can give you a bit of respite? You need to take care of yourself to be the best mum to take care of your children. Finding the blalance is important for you all...... hugs 

there is lots of support networks out there, find some near to you. Don't be afraid to ask for help!!

things do get better as you get to know what triggers different reactions and what things can help - my daughter now relies on her iPod and noise cancelling earphones whenever we leave the house to block out external sensory input. It's made a huge difference. 

Find out what support school can offer too, it's a journey but at least you're starting it early- my daughter wasn't diagnosed until she was 12 and now it's a race against time to get things in place to support the second year of her GCSE's 

xxx

Children
No Data