I am so drained and life feels exhausting

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum

my names kayleigh, I have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl.  Their ages are 10, 4, 3 and 1. My 4 year old has ASD. I was just wondering does anyone ever get down with life just the pressure of it all, the repetitiveness, the meltdowns and behaviour ect? Or is it just me? 

Its so bad and extreme sometimes that I feel like I can’t carry on and do this anymore. It’s so draining and I just don’t feel like I have any sort of life. Am always tired, am mentally drained, I have zero energy!

please does this get any easier/better? 

Parents
  • Hi Kayleigh.  Im new to this forum also.  I know exactly how you feel. My son is 9 and has Autism, ADHD, OCD and Anxiety.  Life is not easy.  I am always tired and mentally drained too.  I went on anti depressants over a year ago and i feel much better.  Would you consider this.  I didnt want to do it but I hit rock bottom and had no choice.  However I do have a better quality of life being on them. Its not just you that feels the way you do.  You are the same as millions of us out there.  I know it doesnt feel like it at times though.  It can feel very lonely. X

• Hi Kayleigh.  Im new to this forum also.  I know exactly how you feel. My son is 9 and has Autism, ADHD, OCD and Anxiety.  Life is not easy.  I am always tired and mentally drained too.  I went on anti depressants over a year ago and i feel much better.  Would you consider this.  I didnt want to do it but I hit rock bottom and had no choice.  However I do have a better quality of life being on them. Its not just you that feels the way you do.  You are the same as millions of us out there.  I know it doesnt feel like it at times though.  It can feel very lonely. X

Children
  • My son is also getting referred to the ADHD pathway when he’s 5 as they won’t take them til then his paediatrician has said. I always thought with the ASD diagnosis it would open many doors and there would be help but unfortunately I learned this was not the case. 

• Hi Rainbow.

i do understand I am not the only one in this situation and there is millions of parents and carers that are going through the same thing everyday but as you said it is a very isolated and lonely place to be. 

I have friends and family yet none of them offer any support. I have tried anti depressants in the past but I have never felt as bad as I feel now. I think I need a trip to the doctors. Hopefully it will pass.

thsnk you for your advice x