EHCP advice

My son was recently diagnosed with ADHD and is awaiting a diagnosis for ASD, initially I had a meeting with the school who did advise they would put some things in place like SALT, they have still not implemented anything, I think because he is due to start secondary school in September they can't be bothered.

I have the forms to complete an EHCP but I really don't understand what help that would provide and if I should actually go down that road or not so any advice or personal experiences would be a great help.

Also I am aware that u can specify a school but I really don't know what I should be looking for.

  • Hi NAS36005,

    IPSEA has a great website which offers all sorts of advice about EHC Plans.

    Below is a link to their page which states what sorts of special needs require an EHC Plan assessment and how to go about applying for one.

    Here is a direct quote from the IPSEA website (the link above,) which I hope you might find helpful:

     When should I request an EHC needs assessment?

    •           Whenever a child or young person has a learning difficulty or a disability which is holding them back at school or college; and

    •           The parents of the child or the young person (or the young person themselves) believe that the school or college is not able to provide the help and support which is needed.

    Best of luck. 

Reply Children
No Data