Parent Support Groups

I had a phone call from the NAS Parent to Parent services. It was great and the lady promised to send me a list of what parent support groups available in Merton London. Unfortunately, she hasn't and now I'm struggling to find out if any exist. can you please help?

Parents
  • NAS Website Searches (Merton, London):
    www.autism.org.uk/.../pg=2~sid=1673807.aspx

...And:
    www.autism.org.uk/.../pg=1~sid=1673807.aspx

This the general NAS Services Page which you should use to find a lot of things mostly about Parents and Children (not adults), everywhere:
    www.autism.org.uk/.../

Apparently this is "Merton NAS" themselves:
    http://nasmerton.webeden.co.uk

...found via:
    www.autism.org.uk/.../21019.aspx

...so there.

• Hello DC, thank you for the reply to heart_blue, 

You are such a kind person, children and mums!

not your area to interact normally. Well done. 

Onward and upward,

i always have liked your honesty and warmth.

() x

• ...I beg your pardon?

1- Not going off-Topic there, then?

2- I am having trouble replying nowadays because Posts keep disappearing more and more. I may reply, and find the subject has been dropped, or not reply because what I wanted to discuss did show until two days afterwards. Seriously.

3- I replied to this because I live near here... and I cannot know how someone could not locate all of this via this NAS-Web, yet was able to start a new Thread in order to ask. It might not even be useful (to Heart_Blue)...

And I only Post all of that because it is you that is asking. I should Thank You, but... mumble, bah, grumble, phooey...

• Back in April 25th of last year, there was a "Wandsworth Autism Fayre". Close to where I live, and for free with optional fees, I attended this. Among the list of exhibitors were listed NAS Wandsworth, NAS Merton, and "Autism Life Dogs", and there were a lot of "Lecturers" giving talks in separate halls from the main.

What happened that day was that "Autism Life Dogs" were not there after all, and when I asked around I was simply told: "They didn't turn up." And NAS Wandsworth were also absent, and when I asked after them, I was simply told: "They didn't turn up."

However NAS MERTON was there... yet when I tried asking for more information about them, they were nothing but eager to give me only an EMail address. When I asked for more details, because I cannot EMail, they simply gave me that sort of horrified wide-eyed look, which is given by persons thinking of calling for the Police... and so, being used to this reaction, I left the area, then.

Finally aware that there was a NAS Branch for *both* Wandsworth and Merton, I decided to try to find them via the NAS Website. It took me almost two hours to navigate through this utter mess, and I only found NAS Merton because I had spoken to them that day... yet NAS Wandsworth was a thing I never found... and to this day, I find it not... except under NAS Merton.

I live in Wandsworth and not Merton, and at the time, it specified that they only service persons who live within that specific place. Now the two are combined... but "now" is an entire year after that "Wandsworth Autism Show"... at which no-one from Wandsworth Autism was present!

In closing... I hope this explains the way I reacted to this Thread: I was sort of venting frustrations concerning "NAS + Merton", and rather did not want to read about anyone else going through it. I only remembered all of this this morning, else I would have said this before (To Mr. LoneWarrior)... but I was, as I said, angry about that "Autism Show", and at NAS Merton. (But only remembered why until today.)

While it is still there, here is one link to it:

www.eventbrite.co.uk/.../wandsworth-autism-fayre-send-2017-tickets-29143797884

• Back in April 25th of last year, there was a "Wandsworth Autism Fayre". Close to where I live, and for free with optional fees, I attended this. Among the list of exhibitors were listed NAS Wandsworth, NAS Merton, and "Autism Life Dogs", and there were a lot of "Lecturers" giving talks in separate halls from the main.

What happened that day was that "Autism Life Dogs" were not there after all, and when I asked around I was simply told: "They didn't turn up." And NAS Wandsworth were also absent, and when I asked after them, I was simply told: "They didn't turn up."

However NAS MERTON was there... yet when I tried asking for more information about them, they were nothing but eager to give me only an EMail address. When I asked for more details, because I cannot EMail, they simply gave me that sort of horrified wide-eyed look, which is given by persons thinking of calling for the Police... and so, being used to this reaction, I left the area, then.

Finally aware that there was a NAS Branch for *both* Wandsworth and Merton, I decided to try to find them via the NAS Website. It took me almost two hours to navigate through this utter mess, and I only found NAS Merton because I had spoken to them that day... yet NAS Wandsworth was a thing I never found... and to this day, I find it not... except under NAS Merton.

I live in Wandsworth and not Merton, and at the time, it specified that they only service persons who live within that specific place. Now the two are combined... but "now" is an entire year after that "Wandsworth Autism Show"... at which no-one from Wandsworth Autism was present!

In closing... I hope this explains the way I reacted to this Thread: I was sort of venting frustrations concerning "NAS + Merton", and rather did not want to read about anyone else going through it. I only remembered all of this this morning, else I would have said this before (To Mr. LoneWarrior)... but I was, as I said, angry about that "Autism Show", and at NAS Merton. (But only remembered why until today.)

While it is still there, here is one link to it:

www.eventbrite.co.uk/.../wandsworth-autism-fayre-send-2017-tickets-29143797884

Children
No Data