URGENT HELP NEEDED - Out of control what do we do?

Its getting worse. Today hes smashed in the wall by throwing a huge computer chair at it. Hes smashed the wardrobe door off the hinges.

We've tried and tried, but any attempt to even speak to him results in literally going from 0 - 1000 in a second. Hes shouts screams and punches the walls.

Today he went for my wife. Next step is going to be the police. We've been here before a month or so ago - took him to A&E out of desperation - they did nothing. All the useless tossers at CAMHS have done is tell us its bad parenting and to ring the police.

Hes 14 a big lad. As I've said before, hes got OCD and possible Aspergers. We've tried it all but he just does what he wants. Hes told his mother he wishes she were dead quite a few times. Last week he told me he was going to ring social services and tell them I was hitting him so I'd get arrested. I just just see it all heading down the slope into oblivion at the moment and he doesnt see it, doesnt care, or doesnt register.

I can't go near him at the moment but hes just a danger at the moment at times - We're so on our own because there is no-one to help!

Parents
  • I went through this, I was scared and in despair it was a cry for help but my family feared the worst and cast me off as a failure or the black sheep of the family, i was a little older than 14 and my mum kicked me out and paid for a flat for me to live in alone for 6 months, this didn't help and i became homeless and it was bad. After i got into a supported household where they help you to live like a normal person, have you considered getting him into a supported household there are many around and are helpful ir perhaps yea too young atm?

• for example they would write up a weekly timetable that clearly stated what I would be doing each day ironing,cooking cleaning ect it really helped me and now I live independently soon hoping to find a job ect hope this helps

• I’m sorry to hear of your experience NAS35296. My experience wasn’t dissimilar to yours and you’re doing much better than me. I’ve just recently got a support worker who is helping me set up a weekly timetable etc, with meal plans and shopping lists etc. It’s going to take a while because I need a lot of rest just now. But I’m excited to be finally getting this support and to be getting somewhere. And I’ve done pretty well living as a fake nt but still, when the chips were down, and my world came crashing down, I didn’t have a clue what to do. We really do need to learn how to do this stuff, but as us, and not a fake nt. 

It’s a great suggestion and you’ve done tremendously well. Best of wishes with the job etc although I have no doubts whatsoever that you’ll do well in anything you decide to do. #inspirational 

• I’m sorry to hear of your experience NAS35296. My experience wasn’t dissimilar to yours and you’re doing much better than me. I’ve just recently got a support worker who is helping me set up a weekly timetable etc, with meal plans and shopping lists etc. It’s going to take a while because I need a lot of rest just now. But I’m excited to be finally getting this support and to be getting somewhere. And I’ve done pretty well living as a fake nt but still, when the chips were down, and my world came crashing down, I didn’t have a clue what to do. We really do need to learn how to do this stuff, but as us, and not a fake nt. 

It’s a great suggestion and you’ve done tremendously well. Best of wishes with the job etc although I have no doubts whatsoever that you’ll do well in anything you decide to do. #inspirational 

Children
No Data