my wife is suffering with bad depression after we had to move

hi there my wife is suffering with bad depression after we had to move to another town as our old flat was going on the market. she has Asperger syndrome and ocd ,ever since then her mood has been so low that she is always saying she wishes she was dead. i love her so much but i dont know what to do or say anymore nothing i say to her helps shes trying to self harm again and its not that i havent tried the doctors but they haven't really done a thing to help her not really. i wish i could afford some private counselling for her but as we are on UC and her PIP we cant really afford it. i really dont know where else to turn to its so distressing watching the women i love like this. any help will be gratefully received 

Parents
  • Hi

Would she possibly agree to talk to others here? I do not have ASD but have struggled w/post trauma depression & my young adult daughter on the spectrum struggled for a long time w/both depression & self-harm. She also has severe anxiety & OCD. Perhaps sharing with others here may help her feel more stable. I've found great generosity & good advice from the members & have no doubt your wife could too. Tell her she's welcome & not alone - & neither are you alone.

• Hi

Would she possibly agree to talk to others here? I do not have ASD but have struggled w/post trauma depression & my young adult daughter on the spectrum struggled for a long time w/both depression & self-harm. She also has severe anxiety & OCD. Perhaps sharing with others here may help her feel more stable. I've found great generosity & good advice from the members & have no doubt your wife could too. Tell her she's welcome & not alone - & neither are you alone.

Children