Struggling

my 3 1/2 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with autism. Don’t get me wrong I’ve known for a long time that this day was coming. But I suppose now having it all confirmed I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus she is non verbal. Dosnt eat food only snacks (crisps yogurt fruit) that’s literally it. Where do I turn how do I get her the help and support she needs 

Parents
  • I got in touch with my local authority. They had an outreach team. In my borough of Brent it is called BOAT-(Brent outreach autistic team). This was a good first port for me because they could advise and access all services for my youngest son. He's Age 6 doing ok in main stream. His elder brother who didn't get the support early didn't do so well. But he's now 12 and in special school and doing fine. Hope your local borough can help you x

• I got in touch with my local authority. They had an outreach team. In my borough of Brent it is called BOAT-(Brent outreach autistic team). This was a good first port for me because they could advise and access all services for my youngest son. He's Age 6 doing ok in main stream. His elder brother who didn't get the support early didn't do so well. But he's now 12 and in special school and doing fine. Hope your local borough can help you x

Children
No Data