Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents
  • 5 days ago copied as suggested from the other thread
    Another idea for our forum.. I think the 5 heading groups should be extended to have a "Teens and 20's" section. They don't necessarily fit in with parents and carers and they don't fit in quite the same with older adults. They sort of get missed in the middle and need a place. ? Also it does concern me that new people and also some other posts get missed and unless you go to unanswered posts don't get replies.. which must be disheartening.. not sure what you can do about that though

• Teenagers and those people in their twenties fit in the 'Autistic adults' group.

If we have a group for such people, where does it end? Do we then create a group for adults who received a diagnosis after a certain age? Do we create another group for those of pensionable age?

I see no reason to single out teenagers and those in their twenties from any other adult group. If we create a group for those people then in fairness we should create groups for other categories of people.

Regarding posts being missed, I wrote a thread about using RSS feeds ('Keeping Abreast of New Threads') and mentioned above adding RSS icons; I do agree, though, that people missing posts does seem to be a problem.

• Caretwo It isn't the posts within threads that I am talking about. Though yes that is a problem too.  When you go into a forum and scroll to "unanswered " there are people who are searching, enquiring whose posts do not get answered at all. Ok some of them are difficult and uncomfortable topics we may not wish to answer but some are on subjects which we could help with. Those are the posts which I meant as being "missed". I just feel sorry for the people who have taken courage to post and then don't get a response. Like I said I don't know if there is a remedy for that.. ? 

• I agree different groups of people have specific needs but not that such needs equate to new groups.

As I said earlier, where will group creation end? We have to be fair to all groups of people.

By having more groups there is the possibility of splintering the community as users may become focused on 'their' group.

• Okay, I know the posts you mean.

From my own experience, I know that some of those posts go unanswered by me simply because I do not feel I can contribute anything; sometimes it is because I do not feel well enough to post a reply even on a topic I feel I can help with.

I suppose the lack of answers to such posts is more a person than a system problem (assuming users are aware of such posts).

• Okay, I know the posts you mean.

From my own experience, I know that some of those posts go unanswered by me simply because I do not feel I can contribute anything; sometimes it is because I do not feel well enough to post a reply even on a topic I feel I can help with.

I suppose the lack of answers to such posts is more a person than a system problem (assuming users are aware of such posts).

Children
No Data