Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents
  • I would like to see users being able to like replies as well as the original posting.

In fact, I would prefer to lose the vote up/down facility and have it replaced by 'likes' (I am not sure that it would be beneficial to allow a dislike although that is the logical step). The problem with the vote up/down facility is that is can take replies out of context by moving them up the list (I know the reply is still shown in its place but you end up with duplication).

I am also not a fan of the 'Load Next' and 'Load Previous' options. I find that rather confusing because postings can be, in effect, taken out of context. I think it would be clearer and less time consuming simply to list the postings and allow users to sort the postings (e.g. ascending date, descending date). Even if users could not sort the postings, my preference would still be for all of them to be listed.

• I would like to see users being able to like replies as well as the original posting.

In fact, I would prefer to lose the vote up/down facility and have it replaced by 'likes' (I am not sure that it would be beneficial to allow a dislike although that is the logical step). The problem with the vote up/down facility is that is can take replies out of context by moving them up the list (I know the reply is still shown in its place but you end up with duplication).

I am also not a fan of the 'Load Next' and 'Load Previous' options. I find that rather confusing because postings can be, in effect, taken out of context. I think it would be clearer and less time consuming simply to list the postings and allow users to sort the postings (e.g. ascending date, descending date). Even if users could not sort the postings, my preference would still be for all of them to be listed.

Children
No Data