A change for the worse

"Autism friendly"? No, I don't think so. The original format worked and was a logical set up that was easy to use, this new format is a total illogical mess. The number of posts on this forum and the number of users making them were already in decline. I think this new layout will simply hasten that process. I for one won't be using or visiting this site in future. In fact as soon as I post this I'm going to close my account here.

Parents
  • I'm fairly new here and I've seen the change.  I think its harder to use.  Also I can only see half a page on my laptop.  I'm having to use the back button all the time, but hopefully  in time I will get used to it.

• Sadly I only recently joined and I was managing just with the old ways,now I keep shouting at my iPad as it keeps giving me loads of related posts which I thought were current,not so.quite often I cannot see the "you are here-community forum-forums,I also the top banner thing seems to ant down over the start of a new post?i push it up but it bounces back down?when I push it up I can see but cannot select"community forum".

I will persevere but can see many who will not.One big big thing I would like to see which I use on a car related forum is a "LIKE" button.it shows I agree or that I have read what has been written.I often want to respondut struggle with giving the right answer! I would be happy to know if my comments were in any way beneficial.

please keep up the work you do I know it can be a tough job trying to please everyone all the time.

• oh just looked at the first post and it has a like option! No such thing on the replies,some of which I think are good and would like to thank.

• Hi KillerQueen1971,

As was explained to me the other day, following a thread in sequence is not available on this new website format:

WebPM said:
    I commented on the threading previously in response to . I know that the two approaches to threading have been a matter of debate in forums in general over many years. There does not seem to be much agreement, although the nesting here will be familiar to those who have used Facebook.

With the previous response on threading being:

WebPM said:
    One thing to note is that this forum uses what is often called "nested" threading or just "threading", whereas the old one used a flat view ("flat threading"). In other words, within the general context of BIMOG's original topic, you and I are talking about the specific issue of finding unread threads. The fact that we are replying to each other is being shown by indentation. A side-effect, though, is that the latest message in the thread no longer appears at the bottom.

So until otherwise is the case, sequential confusion is the way of things here now it appears ~ which is rather a major non-plus really.

• Hi KillerQueen1971,

As was explained to me the other day, following a thread in sequence is not available on this new website format:

WebPM said:
    I commented on the threading previously in response to . I know that the two approaches to threading have been a matter of debate in forums in general over many years. There does not seem to be much agreement, although the nesting here will be familiar to those who have used Facebook.

With the previous response on threading being:

WebPM said:
    One thing to note is that this forum uses what is often called "nested" threading or just "threading", whereas the old one used a flat view ("flat threading"). In other words, within the general context of BIMOG's original topic, you and I are talking about the specific issue of finding unread threads. The fact that we are replying to each other is being shown by indentation. A side-effect, though, is that the latest message in the thread no longer appears at the bottom.

So until otherwise is the case, sequential confusion is the way of things here now it appears ~ which is rather a major non-plus really.

Children
No Data