Railways and trains

Anyone here a 'train spotter' or general rail enthusiast? I am myself... to the point I now volunteer at a heritage railway.

Parents
  • I, sometimes, felt good in a quiet coach. Especially, if there were no other people.

The new trains do not have coaches at all. Just one long train. There is no noise insulation like in the normal coach trains where the noise does not move from one coach to the next one. There are doors between them.

Have you noticed that the quiet coaches are disappearing?

I think this is absolutely horrible for the autistic people. I absolutely hate these new trains. If someone shouts somewhere, everybody on the train can hear that. No quiet coaches anymore at all.

What do you think?

• I agree, trains can be quite pleasant if they are quiet and empty...i hadn't seen these new trains before. I have often been glad of the doors to stop the noise! I actually think i might feel quite dizzy walking down it and being able to see the whole length like that!

• I feel quite dizzy walking down it and being able to see the length like that.

I do not like these new trains at all.

Normal trains can be quite pleasant if they are quiet and empty. I have also often been glad of the doors to stop the noise! I have often moved from one carriage to another just to be alone and in silence.

Have they even considered the autistic people? They are not good for the autistic people.

• That's true. It's really unpleasant when someone squashes in next to you when there isn't really room! I know what you mean about the lights vibrating as well.

I remember once i was on a bus for about 20 minutes and there was a toddler screaming his head off all the way. It was one of the worst bus journeys i'd ever had. I just sat there with my hands over my ears the whole time. I almost cried myself because it was so stressful! I suppose i should have just got off and walked but i was so anxious i couldn't even move!

• People moving around randomly.

People too close to me.

Random noises.

People talking.

Loud noises.

Vibrations.

Lights moving.

Buses are absolutely the worst places where to be.

• It does look that way. What makes buses worse for you? On the one i catch, the windows rattle loudly which i find quite tiring.

• The new trains are not even carpeted anymore. When people walk they make more noise.

These new trains are almost like cargo trains. It is just the shell and some chairs.

However, I find buses to be much worse than even the trains.

The buses are absolutely the worst.

Reply Children
  • That's true. It's really unpleasant when someone squashes in next to you when there isn't really room! I know what you mean about the lights vibrating as well.

I remember once i was on a bus for about 20 minutes and there was a toddler screaming his head off all the way. It was one of the worst bus journeys i'd ever had. I just sat there with my hands over my ears the whole time. I almost cried myself because it was so stressful! I suppose i should have just got off and walked but i was so anxious i couldn't even move!

• People moving around randomly.

People too close to me.

Random noises.

People talking.

Loud noises.

Vibrations.

Lights moving.

Buses are absolutely the worst places where to be.

• It does look that way. What makes buses worse for you? On the one i catch, the windows rattle loudly which i find quite tiring.