Music

I have realised recently that i have random taste for music and like i like alot from classical, heavy metal, rock, dance, punk, and hip hop but when it comes to the performer ie band, singer or dj i only like one or two songs that they have done. There is a few bands that i like more than one song but not many just wondering what other  people think if they have the same view, only like one type music or just like one band and listen to only them. i just like that music its so varied each makes you feel and think differently. what are your views on music

Parents
  • I like many types of music, too.  I was brought up listening to classical (my dad's favourite) and rock 'n' roll (my brother's favourite).  Music is music, really, no matter what it is and who's playing it - the London Philarmonic or the Sex Pistols.  Having said that, I've never liked rap or hip-hop.  I listen to some of it and it just sounds like words recited over a backing track.  Also, I can't stand the blatant references to violence and sexism in it. 

There are some bands that are favourites, and I like a lot of their stuff: Eels, The Smiths, REM, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana, U2, NIN.  But I'm not an obsessive collector like some people. I haven't 'bought' any music for about 10 years. I stream it all from YouTube, etc.  Nor am I an obsessive listener.  I can't be like some, and have music wherever I go.  I like to listen to the sounds of the natural world outside.  I can't listen to music when I'm driving, either, as it's too distracting.  I can't have music as a 'background' to whatever I'm doing.  I need to be focussed on the music - or on the other thing I'm doing.  Not both.  Basically, I need to be in the mood for music.  Other people who play their music too loudly, so that everyone else can hear, are the bane of my life.  Anti-social, selfish, arrogant, confrontational, idiotic.

I suppose anothe genre I'd rule out, too, is X-Factor/BGT-generation pop.  Can't stand 'products' like Ed Sheerhan.  Don't mind Bruno Mars.  Hate pretty-boy vacuous pop.  Too bland and blatantly commercial.  I think Adele is hugely over-rated: mediocre, derivative song-writing and a shouty, soulless voice.  The last contemporary female singer I thought was great was Amy Winehouse.  A true talent.

• I like many types of music, too.  I was brought up listening to classical (my dad's favourite) and rock 'n' roll (my brother's favourite).  Music is music, really, no matter what it is and who's playing it - the London Philarmonic or the Sex Pistols.  Having said that, I've never liked rap or hip-hop.  I listen to some of it and it just sounds like words recited over a backing track.  Also, I can't stand the blatant references to violence and sexism in it. 

There are some bands that are favourites, and I like a lot of their stuff: Eels, The Smiths, REM, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana, U2, NIN.  But I'm not an obsessive collector like some people. I haven't 'bought' any music for about 10 years. I stream it all from YouTube, etc.  Nor am I an obsessive listener.  I can't be like some, and have music wherever I go.  I like to listen to the sounds of the natural world outside.  I can't listen to music when I'm driving, either, as it's too distracting.  I can't have music as a 'background' to whatever I'm doing.  I need to be focussed on the music - or on the other thing I'm doing.  Not both.  Basically, I need to be in the mood for music.  Other people who play their music too loudly, so that everyone else can hear, are the bane of my life.  Anti-social, selfish, arrogant, confrontational, idiotic.

I suppose anothe genre I'd rule out, too, is X-Factor/BGT-generation pop.  Can't stand 'products' like Ed Sheerhan.  Don't mind Bruno Mars.  Hate pretty-boy vacuous pop.  Too bland and blatantly commercial.  I think Adele is hugely over-rated: mediocre, derivative song-writing and a shouty, soulless voice.  The last contemporary female singer I thought was great was Amy Winehouse.  A true talent.

Children
No Data