Funny life Events Seen Now Through the Autistic Lens

What do I mean by "Funny life Events Seen Now Through the Autistic Lens"?

Since your realisation of being, or being diagnosed autistic, have you looked at something that happened in your life and now makes more sense?

I am going to put my story in the first reply to keep this thread a bit neater. Hopefully what I am asking makes sense after reading it.

Parents
  • This isn't exactly a life event but a recent version of the many many embarrassing occurrences that have trailed me throughout my life.

Yesterday, I bought some storage crates from Matalan and the shop assistant asked me if I wanted to be served by a woman.

This really threw me and I said 'it's kind of you to ask, but I don't mind if it's a woman or a man'.

I was wondering what it was about me that gave her the impression that I might not like to be served by a man.

She then explained to me that the alternative to a 'woman' was self-serve rather than a male of the species.

She found it funny, as did I.

• This isn't exactly a life event but a recent version of the many many embarrassing occurrences that have trailed me throughout my life.

Yesterday, I bought some storage crates from Matalan and the shop assistant asked me if I wanted to be served by a woman.

This really threw me and I said 'it's kind of you to ask, but I don't mind if it's a woman or a man'.

I was wondering what it was about me that gave her the impression that I might not like to be served by a man.

She then explained to me that the alternative to a 'woman' was self-serve rather than a male of the species.

She found it funny, as did I.

Children