TV show "Derek" on Netflix

Good evening All,

Happy new year!

I recently watched the first series of the TV show Derek on Netflix which I quite like, however, I know it's a bit controversial and I'm not 100% sure what to make of Ricky Gervais's portrayal of the character Derek, however, I think the supporting actors are very good.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this TV show?

• I don't have enough time to watch TV shows, so I prefer to watch useful content on YouTube in my free time. But sometimes my girlfriend convinces me to watch a movie with her. I buy a lot of chips and soda. We rarely watch movies, so we don't have a paid subscription to watch licensed movies.

• In my opinion, the Rick and Morty tv show is really good, and I am pretty mad because some people like you don't understand the two-sided humor. If you laugh at some politicians or human sins, why do you don't you laugh at the sentences about Asperger's disease? This directly shows your hypocrisy and that you are not a true Rick and Morty fan. According to the authorized source https://tvcancelrenew.com/cancelled/, Rick and Morty will be renewed in 2024, and I hope you all will get more brain at this time.

• Couldn't agree more, I'm learning to laugh at my autism as it greatly helps me cope with it and like you said it's better to laugh about it than cry over it.

• Thank you for the link, found it very helpful.  Am on the second series at the moment, however, I think I prefer the first series.

• Same with Rick and Morty the writer for that is Asperger's but even he throws in the odd jokes about autism. He'll if I were a stand up comedian I'd probably use my autism for the majority of my punch lines. Sure it's *** but better to laugh about it than it is to cry over it 

• I liked it dispite being autistic myself I thought hee did a pretty good job of portraying an autistic sure we're not all like that due what ever end of the spectrum your on but hey if you can't luagh at yourself then your only Gona be annoyed and angry about it. I thought derik was some of his best yet. It's like Jimmy Car he's ruthless as far as comedy and he says if you can't laugh at yourself than I feel sorry for you as even he takes the piss people out of disabilities but he takes the piss out of everyone and everything so in my book it's ok as he's not discriminating against anyone just doing his job making people laugh. 

• I watched both series and thought it was ok, I was impressed by the humanity of Hannah the carehome manager (played by Kerry Godliman) and liked Dougie the caretaker (played by Karl Pilkington).

A link to it below, it received mixed reviews:

en.wikipedia.org/.../Derek_(TV_series)