Do you ever suspect you aren't human?

I definitely suspect I'm not.

Because I don't like most of the things that most people seem to like e.g. music. What's that all about? I don't like it.

My body doesn't seem to have the same illnesses as most people and definitely reacts differently to medicines and treatments than most people.

I can't even eat the same food as most people, I eat a very different diet to them, basically a subsistence diet, eating to survive, not for pleasure.

Also the other massive evidence is: I'm not aging. I am 53 but look like I'm 33. People I meet from long ago are shocked because I look the same as I did when they last knew me. I haven't changed in 20 years, that isn't what most people do, they get older. My husband is noticeably aging, so is everyone around me. But I am not.

I've just kind of accepted I must be an alien or something. There is too much evidence that I'm different.

Parents
  • Sometimes music is too loud and everyone's just shouting along with it which makes it worse. I never remember the names of songs, so if people ask me what kind of music I like, I can't ever give them much of a response. I listen to music randomly though.

I also have to have a very particular diet, only eating enough food to sustain the body, and most of the time I'm just eating food so that the body survives, but to me, the body seems like a pet that I constantly have to feed and maintain, when I rather be doing something else with my spare time. All this eating, sleeping, and other forms of maintenance is just really tiring to keep up with. Sometimes I just sit there starving because I don't want to expend the energy or the time to eat food. If I could be recharged by a cable I'd do that instead. 

I also look young. I'm in my early 30's and people think I'm 18 or early twenties. I suspect that it has to do with food consumption. I've heard that when the body is fasting (which I suppose is starving, because I have little interest in food), that fasting will make the body repair damaged cells and dna, which contributes to youthful looking skin.

Although I don't really care to look youthful, because the amount of times people have assumed that I still live with my mom is ridiculous. "Did your mom cook that for you?" "oh I thought you still lived with your mom." What? I never said that. And yet, many, many people have said those types of things to me. 

• Sometimes music is too loud and everyone's just shouting along with it which makes it worse. I never remember the names of songs, so if people ask me what kind of music I like, I can't ever give them much of a response. I listen to music randomly though.

I also have to have a very particular diet, only eating enough food to sustain the body, and most of the time I'm just eating food so that the body survives, but to me, the body seems like a pet that I constantly have to feed and maintain, when I rather be doing something else with my spare time. All this eating, sleeping, and other forms of maintenance is just really tiring to keep up with. Sometimes I just sit there starving because I don't want to expend the energy or the time to eat food. If I could be recharged by a cable I'd do that instead. 

I also look young. I'm in my early 30's and people think I'm 18 or early twenties. I suspect that it has to do with food consumption. I've heard that when the body is fasting (which I suppose is starving, because I have little interest in food), that fasting will make the body repair damaged cells and dna, which contributes to youthful looking skin.

Although I don't really care to look youthful, because the amount of times people have assumed that I still live with my mom is ridiculous. "Did your mom cook that for you?" "oh I thought you still lived with your mom." What? I never said that. And yet, many, many people have said those types of things to me. 

Children
  • That's interesting. I too can't be bothered with food as it's too much effort to find any food that suits me, prepare, cook and eat it. But I have to or I collapse. I don't enjoy cooking or eating, I have to be super careful what to eat and when, it's a chore. If I could take a tablet each day instead of all the preparation and cooking, I would.

Yes, it gets insulting doesn't it. I'm tired of people saying 'but I thought you were 30!' and being shocked I'm 53. I hope my hair goes grey soon, then they'll shut up. They assume I dye my hair but I don't. People say 'oh you're so lucky to look so young and thin.' But it's a pain in the Rs. If they had my diet and life they wouldn't be happy.

I think we are on to something here- we all look younger and have strange diets...