Training colleagues at your workplace

There is many things NTs do that make me say to myself silently ‘’Why? Why do I have to put up with this?’’ I managed to develop sort of solutions to some. It’s hard to say if they finally get it, but I consider it a win if they stop doing it. My solutions usually take form of a joke-comment-statement.

One of those things is saying ‘’Sorry’’ all the time, especially when they want to pass and you would expect ‘’Excuse me’’, or ‘’Excuse me, may I pass?’’.

I say to that: ‘’Why? What have you done? Have you got a guilty conscience? Because if you do, I am not really authorised to give you absolution and you should find yourself a priest. But if you don’t, you don’t want to be a sorry person’’. I make short breaks after every sentence as if to give them a chance to interject. They never do, and when I finish, I am rewarded with their regular response The Furious Blinking Response.

Next time it happens I say: ‘’Why? Did you do it again?’’. That is the only time when regular response does not happen, they tend to blush instead and run. 3rd time rarely happen, after all they capable of learning.

Just to add some humour, we need that a lot, don't we?

6 weeks with no job, I miss it

Redacted the title

Parents
  • Hi Mariusz, there's an increasing awareness that the terms “neurodiverse” and “neurotypical” are too simplistic to describe the human brain.  Neither of these terms were coined by neuroscientists.  Neurotypical is a term invented by neurodiversity advocates to describe non-autistic people around about the same time as the person who first coined the term Neurodiverse (Singer in 1998), who never intended for it to be used to describe a particular condition.  Neuroscientists will tell you that there is no such thing as a typical brain.

The danger of grouping people together based on traits is that we start to see them as the same, and treat them as the same. That's how injustice arises and horrific crimes against humanity are allowed to be perpetrated.  It's fun to belong to pretend to belong to a tribe and to celebrate togetherness. But the moment it becomes our reality, our identity, is the moment we loose our humanity by separating ourselves from the 'other'.

• But that's the point they discribe us as Autistic or retarded as they see us as defects or lessees it's how we counter the repression bistiode upon us by them.

• I say to that: Just because others do it, does not mean I have to do it as well. E.g. revenge theoretically it would give you a good feeling later. It would if you let it override your moral compass and that's the fastest way down on moral ladder. So I say no to that.

• I say to that: Just because others do it, does not mean I have to do it as well. E.g. revenge theoretically it would give you a good feeling later. It would if you let it override your moral compass and that's the fastest way down on moral ladder. So I say no to that.

Children
No Data