Urgh. Anything positive to discuss?

The world seems grim right now with Covid, Brexit, endless atrocities, and my cold, uncaring birth family are going to the extreme to prove they don't give two hoots about me.

Is there anything nice we can discuss? e.g. I'm so happy that All Creatures Great and Small and The Great British Bake Off are coming back in the next few weeks. Also Strictly Come Dancing. Lots of silly shows to distract us.

Maybe this is a thread for people who have had enough, to come and talk about lighter, happier subjects.

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes, animals are far less complicated than humans. I don't understand most humans tbh.

• I've tried to live the change I want. It's not made my life any easier, but being as strictly honest and good hearted as I can manage, has generally improved my own life and I have more good friends both human (and a few in the animal kingdom) than would appears to be the average.

The occasional (and to my perspective) unasked for conflicts still appear in my life, of course, but less often and they are shorter and somewhat less damaging to all, than they used to be. 

I think overall I like the animal experiences best. Animals are simpler to understand, and never offer me violence over something I've said or thought.

In fact the ones I've a connection with, are always pleased to see me, and it's a life affirming experience watching our little cat taking on his food, and giving  him the opportunity to practice his hunting and fighting skills in the living room, instead of outside. The love a cat will extend is the strangest thing, not really like human love at all, yet it is seemingly built on the same foundation. Daily repetition and participation in rituals, and mutual support and reliance.. Some say it isn't love at all, it's just a collection of stimulous & responses, I say they are missing out on one of life's greater gifts.

And Christianity. That's been very positive for me. It's given me a goal to work towards, instructions and procedures on how best to go about it, and a cadre of people who will come to my house and help me work towards understanding the more incomprehensible parts, all without taxing me, punishing me, or insisting on "compliance"  as a condition of membership. Although as with everything else there are "costs" incurred for participation, and doing it wrong can be embarrassing or even counter productivebetter than not having it in my life.