What made you realise you have/might have autism?

Hey all, hope this is okay to post.

I’ve recently started to realise I may have autism - I originally thought it was ADHD but when I started looking at the crossover I realise that autism might be playing a role too!

I was just wondering what were the signs that originally made you realise you have/might have autism? Especially if you were diagnosed as an adult rather than as a child.

And a follow on question - looking back what did you do as a child that was likely due to autism? I want to get tested but seeing other peoples experiences I’m worried about the process - my memory is so rubbish I’m worried they’ll think I’m just wasting their time.

Thanks in advance! Yum

Parents Reply
  • My mother has MH issues which contributed massive to my own problems. Unfortunately, my lovely father died some while ago, as did my brother 

My sister is still around, but my mother and various other factors have separated us. Haven't seen her in several years.

I occasionally have contact with an aunt, via Facebook. Again, my mum's issues drove a big wedge between us all. We are not a close knit group.

Children