Even I am getting annoyed with PC regulations now

I'm generally open minded and unprejudiced, so I was surprised when I got suspended from Twitter for this tweet. I've left mine and my friend's Twitter names on there because we have nothing to hide, we don't use racist names or anything. FFS. Can anyone shed light about why this tweet was so 'hateful'? I've appealed because it is so stupid.

Parents
  • as someone else pointed out the monkey emoji has been used as a symbol of hate on that platform and unfortunately you was caught in the crosshair.

I dont know if you know about twitters flagging system but its not reviewed by humans its determined by bots. So if they get a report a bot automatically determines if it as bad or good. It doesnt take context or intention most times. Just be very careful about twitter because of that use.

it has nothing to do with PC or anything like that its just a broken platform where people can abuse the flagging system knowing a bot will determine things and it usually determines it to be harmful. twitter is too big for humans to review every report.

you could quote a movie like a character says "i will hurt you" and someone will flag that then get you banned for violence.

• I shan't be using any monkey emojis again to show embarrassment that's for sure. They should remove the monkeys from the emoji list tbh. We'll see.

• the meaning of emojis can change in quite surprising ways so be careful with them

• Oh well I AM old so they'll have to like it or lump it.

You aren't allowed to use the OK symbol now, where you make a circle with your finger and thumb and stick up the other 3 fingers. I read that is a white supremacist symbol, I can't remember why.

Also the number 88 is racist, so are brackets. I don't know why and I can't keep up. I like to watch motor racing and obviously some of them have the number 88 on their bikes/ cars, so they aren't being racist.

• dunno, i just read it somewhere, something about only old people using it

• Oh right, why is that?

• apparently you don't use the thumbs up anymore

Reply Children