This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone invest in crypto ?

I have a few just was wondering if anyone else is also into it.

• More and more people are investing. And this method of investing money can help you earn even more. You can increase your capital if you do a good analysis beforehand of the campaign you want to invest in. If you are interested in investing in stocks, you can read this article by Tim Thomas. This information will allow you to delve more into investing and succeed in this endeavor. Don't forget to study the documentation carefully for your own safety. This is a serious matter that requires special care. Tim Thomas

• I got a decent share of the inheritance. I want to spend this money for good.

• I think you need to invest in real estate. This kind of activity will be relevant for a long time to come.

• I get the sense KathyLouis, that the post I am replying to, contains profound and useful insights.

In reality, (and I am simply telling my personal truth, and not wanting to cause any offense at all) It completely went over my head, and even after three re-reads, I'm none the wiser.

Bitcoin had the same effect on me, and I still see it as about as attractive as a trip in a 737-800 (for much the same technical reasons) but at least I had a dim understanding of how the blockchain might work, wheres, from where I stand an NFT is a small picture of a "yacht ape" or something else equally not like gold generators or food.

Is there anything further you could add to help me bridge the gap?  

• I heard about the new trend of NFT tokens.

• Wasn't something that I was very interested in so decided not to in the end.

• crypto is basically like a bank now, and has to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, so exchanges and points of sale and transaction all have to have identity and KYC stuff so that they know whos doing what transaction, plus bitcoin is actually a tracable asset, everyone can see your transactions, it never was private, its less private than fiat currency because every transaction is traced on the blockchain, its a bit like regular money, but with gps microchips in and everyone being able to see your personal bank statements lol so not private at all..... also they claim to be decentralised too.... but you guessed it, they are not decentralised either because crypto seems to be centralised around exchanges, without the exchanges crypto is dead, so to crypto the exchanges are their bank, their government, and its centralised around that.... ofcourse you can do person to person crypto sale and thats decentralised, but thats about as trust worthy as buying a bridge off a stranger who doesnt even own a bridge. 

• I balked when the crypto exchange wanted a photocopy of my passport. It suddenly seemed a hell of a lot less anonymous than it was cracked up to be.

Although crypto has gone up meteorically, as per usual, by the time the knowledge went mainstream it was much less of a "sure thing" as a money maker. In addition, it's not so easy to turn crypto into cash or goods.

The new big thing is NFT's of course. and they make even less sense to us new traditionalists as crypto.

And here is a thing to try. Next time you are buying a reasonably pricey asset try offering the vendor Crypto or gold instead of money. And have the gold actually in your hand, when you do.  People behave in an interesting way when confronted by the shiny yellow metal. Bitcoin, not so much.

To be fair if I'd got BTC a few years ago, and made a shedload of (theoretical) money out of it, I'd probably be less lukewarm in my enthusiasm! (I did make a decent profit out of my little bit of gold when I sold it to buy land). 

• Tesla invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin, and the largest bitcoin portfolio is in the hands of Grayscale - the value of all the bitcoins they have is $7.4 billion. The world has begun to realize that cryptocurrencies are the future, the next stage in the evolution of money. As long as these assets exist, bitcoin will only grow. As for other cryptocurrencies, I don't know, but I already bought myself for the future recentcoin.com/.../evergrow-coin-egc-0xc001bbe2. I think in a couple of years, it will reach its peak.

• My first experience with cryptocurrency investing was as typical as possible. It was December 2017. I've always been adventurous, so when asked if I should buy cryptocurrency, I had only one answer - of course, I should. I invested in bitcoin at a rate of $15,000 per coin, hoping to at least double my investment within six months. When BTC went down in price by half in a month, I realized that my plan did not work, and I rushed to sell what I had left. I ended up paying a significant amount of money for a "cryptocurrency volatility" lesson and have dramatically changed my approach to crypto investing ever since. I found out about this lesson at https://www.xerof.com. And I can tell you that it's not the largest amount, but even that kind of loss can be avoided today. There is a lot of information and tools on the market to make money with minimal risk. I believe that the cryptocurrency market is still early, and to make money from its movements, I buy fundamental assets.

• oof, i sold all my eth a few months ago and took my 1000x profit and took some for me in cash and left some in to buy back double in these coming big dips lol

• A couple of months ago, I bought some Ethereum and Cardano. In general, I think that the situation in the world today provides a huge opportunity to improve your financial condition. As soon as the appearance began, I started trading and buying different cryptocurrencies to make money on them later. My friends advised me to [link removed by moderator] and I have never regretted listening to them. It seems to me that you can also buy a couple of cardanos, I think that by the end of the year they will rise in price

• You have noticed the growth of cryptocurrencies in 2021. The growth of Bitcoin is expected to be $ 500,000 in the coming years. And if your question is whether it's worth investing in cryptocurrencies, then yes, it's worth it! Yes, it is a much riskier market, but those who do not take the risk do not win. But if you are a long-term investor, you will not have much to lose. I chose to invest in long-term cryptocurrencies and some ETFs. I am still researching the investment market; I read articles on https://investorjunkie.com/ about what should be noticed when you are a beginner investor.

• I looked at it but couldn't get into it.

• I have a small sum that I mined on my own hardware a while back.  It's been interesting watching the value almost halve these last few months.  Seems to be on the way up again right now.

• see, thats useful. if north korea can fund a missile programme off it then you can too! lol

• North Korea: Missile programme funded through stolen crypto, UN report says

Source: www.bbc.co.uk/.../world-asia-60281129

• thank you for balancing out the 'personal evidence base' on this thread! sorry your punt didn't pay off though.

• I started investing in crypto back in 2017. It was the year when everyone heard about Bitcoin as it reached the value of more than 5.000 dollars. Back then, I bought XRP, as many people said it has insane potential. I have to admit that I thought it would be the next Bitcoin. Oh man, I was so freaking wrong.

• I had abit in etoro, but then the platform took so many fees with exchanging to $, buying charge, selling charge, closing acoount charge, that I finished uo with all my profits going to eToro in fees!