Ban on political discussion

Any chance of a ban on political discussion.  I am here because i'm a vulnerable adult who needs support. Not be constantly agitated and wound up like it's a bloomin University Debating society.  There are plenty of other websites and areas of public life where people can share their political views.  Why does this have to be one of them?  I just want to come here and feel as though i'm amongst friends.  Feel supported etc.  Instead. Everywhere i go i'm the rebel.  How i am supposed to feel a part of this world if this is the case? 

Parents
  • Not a good idea to ban - discussion is a good thing! But also be aware that politics can be heated, as people can feel strongly about their views, and not everyone does so respectfully. Sometimes it's worth considering you and the person you're debating with are willing to discuss, or if it's just both of you shouting your opinion at each other and getting nowhere. If politics isn't something you want to see (even if the issue doesn't or shouldn't really be politicised), then it's best to let the others debate and argue. There are other places on the forum where people can support one another or discuss fun topics instead :) 

• Not a good idea to ban - discussion is a good thing! But also be aware that politics can be heated, as people can feel strongly about their views, and not everyone does so respectfully. Sometimes it's worth considering you and the person you're debating with are willing to discuss, or if it's just both of you shouting your opinion at each other and getting nowhere. If politics isn't something you want to see (even if the issue doesn't or shouldn't really be politicised), then it's best to let the others debate and argue. There are other places on the forum where people can support one another or discuss fun topics instead :) 

Children
  • My problem is i am interested in politics AND it enrages and upsets me.  The two are not necessarily contradictory.  People assume that if you're political that you enjoy it. That you want to put your pipe and slippers on and test your cerebral abilities etc.