Ban on political discussion

Any chance of a ban on political discussion.  I am here because i'm a vulnerable adult who needs support. Not be constantly agitated and wound up like it's a bloomin University Debating society.  There are plenty of other websites and areas of public life where people can share their political views.  Why does this have to be one of them?  I just want to come here and feel as though i'm amongst friends.  Feel supported etc.  Instead. Everywhere i go i'm the rebel.  How i am supposed to feel a part of this world if this is the case? 

Parents
  • Hi Malojian

I'm very sorry you feel so frustrated and, having read the thread you are referring to, I can understand why. You are certainly not an outsider - I have similar views to yours but choose not to enter into discussion with anyone, regardless of their political persuasion, who uses language to demean or degrade those who simply have a differing opinion. I, personally, wouldn't mind political discussion if people were more mindful of how they treat others - there were some on the thread that I felt presented their views very respectfully, you being one of them. Unfortunately, it seems like we live in a world where nuanced conversation has been largely lost and now replaced by individuals feeling that they are justified in insulting others under the guise of political debate and agree totally that this is certainly not the forum for that sort of discourse. 

• Hi Malojian

I'm very sorry you feel so frustrated and, having read the thread you are referring to, I can understand why. You are certainly not an outsider - I have similar views to yours but choose not to enter into discussion with anyone, regardless of their political persuasion, who uses language to demean or degrade those who simply have a differing opinion. I, personally, wouldn't mind political discussion if people were more mindful of how they treat others - there were some on the thread that I felt presented their views very respectfully, you being one of them. Unfortunately, it seems like we live in a world where nuanced conversation has been largely lost and now replaced by individuals feeling that they are justified in insulting others under the guise of political debate and agree totally that this is certainly not the forum for that sort of discourse. 

Children
No Data