What Happens If Someone Tries A Discussion About "Ecology Versus Economy " ("Climate Change") Upon This Forum

Greetings, Anyone. I do not Post as Frequently as I used to. But this is a "Hot Topic" socially right now, but, a bit like CARS, no-one started a Thread about it.

My question is... the folly of "because One cannot see it, then it does no-one harm?"

...With regards to "Climate Change", this here WWW/Internet... & Electricity, Smartphones, Radiowaves, UHF, Mining Rare Minerals for said products, etc... All of this activity grows exponentially, just like the Population. Both are harmful in My Own opinion... but I am, um, 'insignificant'... so I was wondering about what anyone else's opinions about "Climate Change" are here in general.

(Beware I often have to sign off abruptly, sorry. But I post this and see if/how anyone else is interested in anyone else about it all.) From Me, Good Fortune To All Good People.

Parents
  • There are a lot of hard truths that we as a species are going to have to face up to.  Pretty much we're going to have to reverse the last few hundred years of industrialisation, or, one way or another, affect a dramatic reduction of the human population.  For me, I'm not having any kids, so my carbon footprint ends with me.  I feel this grants me licence to not give to much of a damn about global warming if I'm honest, and anyway, my impact as an individual is entirely negligible while you have developing nations bulldozing their crap straight into the ocean and polluting like there's no tomorrow.  I'll do my part of course, but I'm not going to feel bad about driving into town once a week to get my groceries or heating water for a shower each day.

• For me, I'm not having any kids, so my carbon footprint ends with me.  I feel this grants me licence

...Greetings "Qliphoth"... THIS IS ME as well. It should be a good thing for Your contributing to this, um, "climate change" "argument"... I honestly thought that it would turn into a bad scrap. But I see Your Point-of-view. We in 'civilised industry' cannot always escape acting 'civilised in industrial areas', something like that. We are often told off for using plastic and Cars, but We are often not offered a choice.

Thank You for being honest here (I really meant that this is like Me as well.)... I wait to see if/how this Thread might develop still. Thank You Very Much.

• For me, I'm not having any kids, so my carbon footprint ends with me.  I feel this grants me licence

...Greetings "Qliphoth"... THIS IS ME as well. It should be a good thing for Your contributing to this, um, "climate change" "argument"... I honestly thought that it would turn into a bad scrap. But I see Your Point-of-view. We in 'civilised industry' cannot always escape acting 'civilised in industrial areas', something like that. We are often told off for using plastic and Cars, but We are often not offered a choice.

Thank You for being honest here (I really meant that this is like Me as well.)... I wait to see if/how this Thread might develop still. Thank You Very Much.

Children
No Data