Ignore the Spambot

Please do not interact with the Spambot. Just wait for it to be deleted without replying to any of its posts. 

•  A welcome Bot

simply  introduces itself to new users and helps then get started in the forum by providing simply steps / links to documents written by users on how to proceed in the forum.

It would periodically check in with new users at set times to check your progress and provide say training documents and suggestions and how to proceed or ask for help.the bot can be called 

A you move up in rank within the forum the bot can be called to ask for help / training / reading that is appropriate for your rank/experience. The higher your rank / skill you have attained  the more training you get access to. The Bot can even set you tasks such as writing documents for those below you.

They can be very useful :) 

• ...Just try to be here for everyone else, most of all. Stay comfortable & do not worry about it too much. The more the Internet is used, the more it shows what it is *really* like. I hope You know what I mean, & Good Fortune to You.

• (To "Kras83"... YES. Upon this Forum, whenever such things occurred, We used to have a great band of "Anti-Trollers" upon here - You might still find some of the Threads! (They know who They are!) But - a lot of them/Us have left and do not post so much anymore. I really miss those days.)

• Thank You from Myself as well, To Yttrium for starting this Thread, ... as NAS says, every alert/concern/report *is* useful. Yes - There are lots of Threads on here which seem to discuss "illegal" matters, (Spam, Weed, Suicide, Hacking, etc.)... so please do not worry so much. Yet - if they post prices and links and 'uncomfortable' language, then THAT is the kind of reply to report or avoid, & NAS will likely delete such things. What I said in My first reply here (at NAS), I really meant all of that.

Trust Yourself; as I said, this is just how 'The Internet' is in general.

• I was fooled by the weed thing. 

• I can’t seem to spot the trolls and spam bots so can only apologies if I reply to any of them. 

• No, There’s been so many incarnations of troll over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been naming them. Instead of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs (it is panto season is it not?) we have NAS forum and the 7 trolls!

So far we have had: Incel troll; homicidal troll; weed troll; Spam troll. If anyone wishes to name the remaining incarnations of troll then suggestions are most welcome...

I’d best go, someone just shouted “he’s behind you!”...

• Does anyone else treat some of the less random spam as an excuse to do David Attenborough impressions? 

"And here we see a juvenile male of the internet troll species, a group close to humanity in development but lacking in several key areas of cognitive ability related to impulse control and decision making. See how he desperately attempts to raise his social status within the group by displaying aggressively..."

Once you realise how close a lot of behavior on the Internet is to something you see in a documentary about Chimpanzees it becomes so much easier to write a lot of it off as screeching and poo throwing

• Slight smile Plastic. I don't know enough about how Bots work to comment sensibly on this subject. Please continue doing your excellent work of labeling dodgy posts/threads. It is clearly greatly appreciated by the other users of this community. Slight smile

• users on this site that that are not highly experienced with web traps.

...For what it is worth, I agree with this. Spam and Bots and Trolls may appear, but no-one can EVER regulate anyone from doing such things or, alas, "falling for" them by replying. 

A policy of ignoring them is a good one, but not 24/7/366-possible - i.e. Trolls attack at any time using any method, yet "Mods" are... well, who the Mods are...

I post here to Thank the Mods, especially WebPM, and also, Mr.Plastic, You are braver than I am (since I have been HACKED upon here before), and I Thank You for it.

P.S.... a "general" thing... I have never and never will buy into the words said about companies upon & about the internet in general... "We are a totally safe and secure site!" they ALL say, even after just being hacked. They deal with it and pretend that it did not happen and never happened. This is the attitude of persons who know nothing about Computer Programming, and so I do not buy it and shall not.

...That said, I really truly DO mean my Thank You, to Mr. Plastic, Mr.WebPM, & NAS. & I *have* said a lot of this upon other Threads... So there. Good Luck, to Good People.

• Thank you Yttrium and Plastic for taking the time to alert us and the Community to these spam posts - we do appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Kerri-Mod

• I report all the ones I see - but also label them because I am aware that there are users on this site that that are not highly experienced with web traps.      There have been many replies to threads mentioning being caught out.

Do you think I shouldn't bother?