What are you passionate about?

It's very common for Autistic people to be very knowledgable in a particular field or about a very specific thing. So what I wanna know is what that is for people!

For me? It's Star Trek. I freaking love Star Trek. I live and breathe it. I went to a convention this year and it was awesome! I get so excited about it and just love watching it. Whenever I feel low? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel great? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel whenever? You can bet it's Star Trek time! I like playing a game where whenever I watch something else, I like to see if there's any actor who has ever been in Star Trek. You'd be surprised! I don't know too many people who also like it, so I just talk about it whenever and wherever. Sometimes I like to intentionally ramble on about it because I know it makes people roll their eyes. But sometimes people know how much I like it so they let me go on and on! I like those people!

I'm also pretty knowledgeable about films and TV in general. Even ones I haven't seen. I just seem to absorb trivial knowledge. 

So time for you to geek out about your passions! :D 

Parents
  • My 'passions' come and go in the sense that some days I'm actually disgusted by everything I love but I think that's when Depression is creeping up into the worst of it's phases. During which time I'm less passionate than an inanimate object! 

In between those Depressive storms though I'm passionate about Birds, Dinosaurs. Especially Jays! Because Jays are the bestest birds! In fact, even during my worse weeks in Depression, I don't think I quite manage to become disgusted by Jays. 

I spend much of time looking out for birds, especially for, you guessed it, Jays! I even have a set up in the garden where I can feed them relatively close to my window so that I can practice my Bird Photography on the. The only problem is, I'm so obsessed with Jays that no photo ever quite is perfect enough and so I end up just with files and files of photos of Jays. Which isn't really bad, but some of them are repeating on themselves by this point. 

When they weren't appearing in the garden for a month or so when I can only guess there was abundance of some other food sauce for them I was disappointed not to see them. 

I play a game of pretending I'm a Jurassic park ranger (Because Jurassic park is one of the best films and books, and it's about dinosaurs and birds are dinosaurs...). I call myself the Jurassic park ranger of my local patch. I keep up with all the goings-on of the local Avian-Dinosaurs, photographing them, noting if there is an influx of a certain species or a sudden disappearance of one. Listening out for owls in the night. Checking there are no diseases spreading locally. Cleaning all feeders to try and ensure diseases aren't spread on any of my feeders. Trying to recognise individual birds. Which is hard especially for Robins, Jays, Blue ***, Great *** etc because they don't have any really noticeable differences between the genders either. 

I currently have three Jays that hang around almost daily coming round for my peanuts, competing with squirrels for them and the occasional magpie. 

• My 'passions' come and go in the sense that some days I'm actually disgusted by everything I love but I think that's when Depression is creeping up into the worst of it's phases. During which time I'm less passionate than an inanimate object! 

In between those Depressive storms though I'm passionate about Birds, Dinosaurs. Especially Jays! Because Jays are the bestest birds! In fact, even during my worse weeks in Depression, I don't think I quite manage to become disgusted by Jays. 

I spend much of time looking out for birds, especially for, you guessed it, Jays! I even have a set up in the garden where I can feed them relatively close to my window so that I can practice my Bird Photography on the. The only problem is, I'm so obsessed with Jays that no photo ever quite is perfect enough and so I end up just with files and files of photos of Jays. Which isn't really bad, but some of them are repeating on themselves by this point. 

When they weren't appearing in the garden for a month or so when I can only guess there was abundance of some other food sauce for them I was disappointed not to see them. 

I play a game of pretending I'm a Jurassic park ranger (Because Jurassic park is one of the best films and books, and it's about dinosaurs and birds are dinosaurs...). I call myself the Jurassic park ranger of my local patch. I keep up with all the goings-on of the local Avian-Dinosaurs, photographing them, noting if there is an influx of a certain species or a sudden disappearance of one. Listening out for owls in the night. Checking there are no diseases spreading locally. Cleaning all feeders to try and ensure diseases aren't spread on any of my feeders. Trying to recognise individual birds. Which is hard especially for Robins, Jays, Blue ***, Great *** etc because they don't have any really noticeable differences between the genders either. 

I currently have three Jays that hang around almost daily coming round for my peanuts, competing with squirrels for them and the occasional magpie. 

Children
No Data