I've had 2nd, 3rd, 4th............far too many thoughts on posting this and changed my mind about it.

Parents
  • I watch other people talking and I think I'm doing the same as them but it doesn't "work" like it does for them. Maybe it's my facial expression, which apparently doesn't always match what I'm saying? I also can't cope with more than one person at a time. When I try to speak I am ignored, often for someone to repeat the same sentence and get laughs/interest.

I've spent the past 4 years trying very hard to fit in with other parents since my daughter started school and one by one everyone has started ignoring/avoiding me. I'm never unkind, I don't break promises, I try to support people but somehow I'm not good enough. 

So largely I just ignore everyone.

• I watch other people talking and I think I'm doing the same as them but it doesn't "work" like it does for them. Maybe it's my facial expression, which apparently doesn't always match what I'm saying? I also can't cope with more than one person at a time. When I try to speak I am ignored, often for someone to repeat the same sentence and get laughs/interest.

It can be the facial-behavioral and or the vice-versa vocal-verbal expression thing involving vocal intonation discordance and spoken timing or subject incongruence errors ~ like in a sense a musician playing the right note or chord at the wrong time or in the wrong way at the right time, or in a dancing sense like stepping on toes, not catching someone or not being caught oneself at the appropriate time with a spin or twirl.

• I think what you said is brill and right on cue,Iv watched people for hrs and i just dont get it , I guess i am so use to my own isolation doing my own thing at my age saying that for many years i use to practice talking to people at the buss stops or other places to practice small talk and i am know starting to have a sort of odd relationship with the other aliens on this planet in very tiny chunks      

• I think what you said is brill and right on cue,Iv watched people for hrs and i just dont get it , I guess i am so use to my own isolation doing my own thing at my age saying that for many years i use to practice talking to people at the buss stops or other places to practice small talk and i am know starting to have a sort of odd relationship with the other aliens on this planet in very tiny chunks      

Children

• I think what you said is brill and right on cue,Iv watched people for hrs and i just dont get it ,

I did not get it at first either ~ and most people just do it automatically but don't understand it enough to explain it themselves; much in the same same way that most people do things physically ~ whilst understanding very little about how their bodies actually work.

I guess i am so use to my own isolation doing my own thing at my age saying that for many years i use to practice talking to people at the buss stops or other places to practice small talk and i am know starting to have a sort of odd relationship with the other aliens on this planet in very tiny chunks  

I have largely been unable to do the small-talk thing myself, and just ended up socializing more with people who did big-talks from time to time or else more regularly.