Tea or coffee?

I’m just finishing my 3rd coffee of the day (I really need to cut down again!) and just wondered what hot drink other people prefer? Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer tea or perhaps you like herbal tea (good flavour recommendations welcome!) or something else? How do you take your tea/coffee/other. I drink strong black coffee with no milk or sugar but with half cold water due to sensitive gums; I don’t drink tea but do drink herbal teas depending on the flavour, lemon, ginger and manuka honey is a current favourite but peppermint and liquorice is a recent fail on the herbal tea front!

Parents
  • ooh sorry, adding to a long thread. I was just searching for thread about coffee....and found one Slight smile

Me mad about coffee. Latte. Homemade, Used to buy from starbucks for years then made my own.

Just recently got away from starbucks and now buy beans from a roastery. I'm on the search for 'chocolately' coffee. Have nearly got there with a more medium roast. 

Kitsune- read about the ginger coffee....I will definitely be trying that.

I used to drink tea a lot too but stopped since giving up sugar. Now it's a couple of coffee's a day and the rest is water

• Good you're resurrecting this because I was not a member back then Grin

I love English tea with milk and I'm crazy about latte. I also like chai teas and chai latte providung there is not too much cinnamon. There should be a bit of black pepper in fact. 

If I drank all the latte I wanted, I would be not only be broke,  but the size of a house. And never sleep.

I have been given a tea advent calendar even though I'm the biggest bah humbug in the world. Looking forward to trying all the flavours.

Tea has to be in a good mug. The wrong mug spoils it completely Stuck out tongue winking eye that's why I'm so annoying to live with...

I can really recommend Ethiopian coffee. It tastes so different to South American coffees. There is a roasterie down the road from me and they roast and grind the beans and sell bags of whole beans, ground or serve cups of coffee. I get high just going past. 

• My eldest daughter likes Chai tea but I have never tried it! Maybe I should try it just so that I know what it tastes like! I think I would like the cinnamon though as it’s my favourite spice.

I hope that you enjoy trying all of the different flavour teas in your tea advent calendar.

I’m very fussy about what mug I have my coffee in too, recently I’ve taken to using the plastic, lidded coffee containers. Which mug do you prefer to use? 
    I have never tried Ethiopian coffee! I must find one of these roasteries! Thank you for the recommendation:-)

• My eldest daughter likes Chai tea but I have never tried it! Maybe I should try it just so that I know what it tastes like! I think I would like the cinnamon though as it’s my favourite spice.

I hope that you enjoy trying all of the different flavour teas in your tea advent calendar.

I’m very fussy about what mug I have my coffee in too, recently I’ve taken to using the plastic, lidded coffee containers. Which mug do you prefer to use? 
    I have never tried Ethiopian coffee! I must find one of these roasteries! Thank you for the recommendation:-)

Children
  • It's important to have a decent sized Mug so that it can be filled with a decent amount of coffee :-)

I shall try Chai Tea at some point and see what I think of it!

• the mug has to be a bit wider half way up then narrower near the top, like a cylinder with bulging sides.  Other shapes such as a cone shape  with a  wider top, the drink gets cold too quickly.  I have a lot of mugs and my favourite was a present in the bulgy shape, medium size. 

There are lots of chai types and in my view too many with vanilla, but I recommend to try a few as you could hate one but love another.