Bewilderment!

After a two year assessment period, my 10yo son was last week diagnosed with ASD. I was given a phone number to get booked into a ‘Post Diagnosis session’. Designed to help understand the diagnosis and find support etc in dealing with it. Wonderful. Except there are no sessions available until next year 

NEXT

YEAR

!!

is this a usual occurrence? We are in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. 

Exasperated is an understatement 

Parents
  • Wow that really is a shocker. Presume this is NHS? Appaling situation, but not unusual I feel. 

I think NAS can help you find a local support group and they have pages on the website as to what to do after diagnosis. There is a telephone helpline to get you started as well.

Best x

• Yeah NHS! Thank goodness for things like NAS and other groups and organisations!  I have a list to work through for local groups etc, and of course all you lovely people here on the forums. 

I’m going to go t9 the first local NAS coffee morning that I can make it to, get as much tips, advice e5c as I can. 

Thanks for the response Slight smile

• Yeah NHS! Thank goodness for things like NAS and other groups and organisations!  I have a list to work through for local groups etc, and of course all you lovely people here on the forums. 

I’m going to go t9 the first local NAS coffee morning that I can make it to, get as much tips, advice e5c as I can. 

Thanks for the response Slight smile

Children
No Data