Social Groups for Autistic Adults

Has anyone else on here started or thought about starting their own social group for autistic adults? 

I ask this because after getting diagnosed myself, I realised that for the majority of us who are diagnosed with autism as adults, there is very little support actually available. I had an idea of how good it would be to have a network of groups for autistic adults that are set up and run by those autistic adults that are able to do so. Because for those of us that don't qualify for any support, the only way we will get support is to create our own, and there are so many more people in the same position that we can help too. This is the hands on approach to increasing the number of services available to autistic adults, to make our own to help not only ourselves but also other autistic adults who otherwise would have very little support. So I started my own group up a few months ago, for autistic women that live in my local area, which is going really well. Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that she is also in the process of starting up a group for Neurodiverse women in her local area, which I'm really excited about! So we have a couple of up and coming groups. What about the guys, have any of you envisioned this type of group? Do people think that this is a good thing for those of us that are able, to be doing?

Parents Reply Children
No Data