Opinions please - curious incident of the dog in the night time

Hi, I am interested in people's opinions of the book "A curious incident of a dog in the night time" which I have just finished reading. 

I found it very powerful but I wonder would many people with Aspergers?/ Autism relate to the character in this book?

I ask from the perspective of someone who is still trying to figure out if the Aspergers diagnosis fits for me. To me while he makes sense to me and I can relate to parts of it, it feels far more pronounced than I am. Wondered on the opinion of other people who are on the spectrum, have you read it? Can you relate? Any other points?

Parents
  • I can’t relate any any fiction whatsoever, ever. Never have. I can’t read fiction at all. Made up story? Yuk 

That’s was part of my diagnoses too. They ask you to mae up a fake story by looking at pictures. It’s sinply hideous. 

I’ve never ever read a story - not once in 46 years. 

• I can’t relate any any fiction whatsoever, ever. Never have. I can’t read fiction at all. Made up story? Yuk 

That’s was part of my diagnoses too. They ask you to mae up a fake story by looking at pictures. It’s sinply hideous. 

I’ve never ever read a story - not once in 46 years. 

Children
  • Fair enough, makes sense, personally I love fiction, sci-fi/ fantasy all that. Which I have counted against my own. But to me stories can do whatever they want have crazy rules of magic as long as it then sticks to its own rules, if it doesn't it will destroy any enjoyment for me