Does anyone else have a massive problem with food textures?

Will writes

Does anyone else have a massive problem with food textures? I hate liquify or runny food like coleslaw, just looking at it makes me feel ill. I would rather look at a dead body than some of the food in the world.

It makes it really difficult for dinners and restaurants if I ever go with anyone. The taste often isn’t the matter it’s the texture, like bananas, I won’t eat bananas because of the texture but I do like the taste so I’ll have banana flavoured stuff like milkshakes or muffins.

Does this occur in anyone else’s lives.

Parents
  • Yes!

Bananas are terrible! I just won't even try banana! I did try once... And I will never try again! Banana flavour is fine though... And banana bread when it's cooked in the mix and doesn't have banana texture... But actual banana texture is just terrible!

I don't like oranges, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, grapes... Most fruit and vegetables really though I do like garden peas...

I don't like meat texture.

I don't like bits in things or things mixed together or sauces on things.

I struggle with yogurts unless they are a particular texture.

I don't like rice pudding.

I don't like things that feel sticky on my teeth.

I can't drink hot drinks.

Cereal must not go soggy!

I could probably write an essay about issues with textures!

• Yes!

Bananas are terrible! I just won't even try banana! I did try once... And I will never try again! Banana flavour is fine though... And banana bread when it's cooked in the mix and doesn't have banana texture... But actual banana texture is just terrible!

I don't like oranges, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, grapes... Most fruit and vegetables really though I do like garden peas...

I don't like meat texture.

I don't like bits in things or things mixed together or sauces on things.

I struggle with yogurts unless they are a particular texture.

I don't like rice pudding.

I don't like things that feel sticky on my teeth.

I can't drink hot drinks.

Cereal must not go soggy!

I could probably write an essay about issues with textures!

Children