Closing account

How do I do it? I don't think I'm wanted here. I'll probably not qualify for a diagnosis anyway , so really shouldn't be here.

Parents
  • Why would you think you're not wanted here? I'm sure lots of people enjoyed reading your posts and comments, and we all share a mutual understanding revolving around autistic traits (regardless of a formal diagnosis or not). Also, I don't think there's any need to terminate the account - if you'd like to take a break, you can still leave your account open and come back again when you are ready.

• The fact that only one person replied to my post about my ADOS assessment on Friday. 

• Hey please don’t think no one was interested, it was a Friday and a bank holiday weekend, 

As said it was shear luck I happened to come when you posted, I hadn’t really been here much before and certainly not on since Friday, I think anyway, 

many have followed your experience, many have gained a great insight to how it might be when attending assessment.

I know you have doubts because nothing has been said one way or another, I have heard that if you first believe you are and are accepted for referral then go in to each successive assessment you are more likely to be considered autistic that not. Ok not an absolute yes, 

Giving a diagnosis is a big thing for The assessors, they know how it can effect each individual and so take great care to make sure they are right to do so. The lack of information when you were young means they have no way of understanding how you were perceived then, it isn’t in fact needed, it just means they have to do extra, ADOS is one thing extra, it alone cannot say one way or the other if your on the spectrum, it just allows them to observe you whilst you are multi tasking and given things to de which are usually set so that your reaction or ability to solve are witnessed, it isn’t about achieving each task successfully, I think it’s more about observing how you go about each one, 

I sm not an assessor and have not been for assessment myself, I have read many recounts by others, they all vary, some get told first meeting they are autistic, others struggle and wait forever left worrying. 

It doesn’t change who you are at the end of the day, yes I know I need the outcome to be a reason for who I am not an excuse or to label my dysfunctional. So I can fully accept why I struggled all my life, it won’t stop me from being hurt by the past, I believe I am autistic, 

keep being you. I intend being me, each day I learn more about myself, accept who I really am. And whatever that is is fine by me.

And please please keep us updated on how it goes, one last thing. If you have got this far for them to do the ADOS then they must have justification to need it, maybe it’s to confirm you are, 

You cam appeal or just go for another assessment later on I think.

Take dare and please be patient and regardless of any result please stay here, it’s quite nice really :) 

• The problem for me,in  my mind anyway, is that I can interpret things in different ways from one hour to the next.  I tend to be a glass half empty sort of person  and am quick to think 'worst case' scenarios.

Reply Children
No Data