Annoying characteristics of supermarkets.

Their are many things about supermarkets I dislike. 

Things like the car park, the layout of and constant rearranging of the layout, people not being prepared to pay for their comestibles after waiting in the queue and then waiting until everything is rung up before hunting for their purse, the long queues, far too much choice in brands of goods.  But my gripe today is about bread.

There is always plenty of sliced bread.  But I don't like sliced bread except to toast.  I like a nice fresh bakery loaf. Most times.I bake a loaf myself using a breadmaker.  Bit with no yeast I found myself looking in the supermarket a full two hours before it closed both last night and today

And what did I find? The instore bakery had sliced all of a full score of loaves, both wholemeal and white leaving no loaves uncut.  When I asked about this, I was told they 'have to' slice the loaves when they have finished the day's baking which put me close to meltdown. it does not make any sense to me as I am sure that many  other customers would also prefer an unsliced loaf. I refuse to have a sliced loaf. I like my bread cut three inches thick so I can delight in the texture of the fluffy inner, feeling it melt away in my mouth. If I want sliced bread there is plenty of choice of sliced loaves, and I am quite capable of cutting it myself. Even a loaf sliced from the bakery loaf tastes totally different when it is cut into half inch thick slices rather than the chunks I like.

On both occasions they have lost a customer and I made do with a bowl of shredded wheat instead. And I will get some.yeast and continue continue to bake my own bread which will only be sliced at tje point of eating, and I can savour the flavour of a nice chunky piece.

What do others find annoying about supermarkets,, or is there anyone who thinks supermarkets are like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way.

Parents
  • I find supermarkets incredibly stressful. I don't like online shopping because I like to pick out the things I want to buy, and sometimes with online you get substitutions which I don't like. I pretty much only go to Aldi for the same reasons Plastic has stated - small shop size, very few choices, I can get it all done quickly. The only thing annoying about Aldi is they have a habit of discontinuing things or being out of stock, and I find that tricky to deal with. I have found though I get much less stressed when I'm wearing my noise cancelling headphones. 

• I find supermarkets incredibly stressful. I don't like online shopping because I like to pick out the things I want to buy, and sometimes with online you get substitutions which I don't like. I pretty much only go to Aldi for the same reasons Plastic has stated - small shop size, very few choices, I can get it all done quickly. The only thing annoying about Aldi is they have a habit of discontinuing things or being out of stock, and I find that tricky to deal with. I have found though I get much less stressed when I'm wearing my noise cancelling headphones. 

Children
No Data