Money- As A Social 'Essential' Not Mentioned.

Greetings, anyone. This another of those Things which, if I ever gained access to 'Social Media/Forums', I have wanted to ask to "The Public". Responses, Support, Counters, Serious or Light... I do not mind.

This is in two Parts:

Part 1 - Partaking of 'Society' nowadays, totally disregards Money. For example: We are all, Young and Old, forced to 'Do things Online'. But what is never mentioned is that to be 'Online' requires a Device and a Subscription. These things cost a LOT of money... but this is glossed over as "Just a Click Away!" and similar. Purchases, Devices, Accounts, Subscriptions, Apps... such Prerequisites are NEVER mentioned. Adverts may sell one or two of those mentioned things, but never the fact that they (the PRICE Of) are needed Altogether.

Part 2 - This second is a simple observation. How much is it TRUE that Those who work within the "National Infrastructure" - Essential Services - (Such as Doctor, Nurse, Police, Fire Rescue, CareWork, etc.) ... are paid Wayyy less, than Non-Essential Things, (Such as Politicians, Footballers, Actors, etc.)...?

(To simplify all of this, another example...: Who, why and what, would anyone take if forced to be stranded upon a very faraway Desert Island? A Mobile Phone and a Footballer, with no connections... Or a Toolkit and a Nurse, also with no connections...)

Thanks for Reading. I may not be able to Post so much lately, but I am still who I am, and I intend to stay seeking what - and whom - I seek.

:-)

Parents
  • I've never needed my own device or a subscription to access the internet and have only had these luxuries when my finances have allowed.For example, as a child I'd walk to my local library and used their computers and internet access for free. 

I work as a teacher in HE and although I find my salary frustrating, especially compared to my partner who works in engineering, what I find more annoying is how little work people actually do whilst complaining that they're overworked. For example, every time I go in the office people are gossiping rather than working and its common practice for my colleagues to take extended lunches where they disappear to the pub for 2+ hours at a time. My mum also works in a hospital and regularly sees nursing falling asleep in the office for an hour or so when they're actually being paid to work. 

My personal experiences has led me to believe that there's a significant amount of disengagement with these jobs across the board , which is driving down productivity making it difficult to justify higher wages. Plus as Blue Ray mentioned although a lot of these employees moan they are accepting of these conditions and aren't actively trying to change them, other than the odd strike, which is ineffective, 

If I was stranded on a desert island I'd prefer to take two things; a sleeping bag to keep me warm and a device for creating warm meals, such as a fire powered stove. I've gone from living on my own for two years, which was bliss, to now living with a partner. Although I enjoy his company, I find when he's not at home I miss him and feel unsettled, as such, I think it would be easier to be totally alone than with one person. 

• I agree with what you say NAS50301, and there's another side to this as well. For example, how many people truly appreciate the work these people do? For example, I always engage the shop keeper or who ever it is, as I would my brother or mother and I let them know I am grateful to them. Even if they don't value the work they do, I do. For example, I love going to coffee shops so I'm naturally going to truly appreciate those who work in those places. 

Another example, my whole world vision around doctors and other such services has changed beyond all recognition since I got my diagnosis. I never had a negative attitude to doctors as such, but because I don't go to them if I'm sick, I never truly appreciated their value, until I got my assessment and diagnosis, and it changed everything. It has even changed my attitude towards the government etc. Being on the other side of services (I used to work as a social worker and mental health nurse) has had a profound affect on my life. I have been looked after so well, even being given food from the food bank - I can tell you, for an aspie, getting your food from a food bank is a far nicer experience than going to a supermarket, and I love the atmosphere there so much that I am now on the rota to volunteer there. 

And ditto, regarding being by yourself or taking someone with you and I'm copying the idea for a sleeping bag - definitely a priority! 

• I agree with what you say NAS50301, and there's another side to this as well. For example, how many people truly appreciate the work these people do? For example, I always engage the shop keeper or who ever it is, as I would my brother or mother and I let them know I am grateful to them. Even if they don't value the work they do, I do. For example, I love going to coffee shops so I'm naturally going to truly appreciate those who work in those places. 

Another example, my whole world vision around doctors and other such services has changed beyond all recognition since I got my diagnosis. I never had a negative attitude to doctors as such, but because I don't go to them if I'm sick, I never truly appreciated their value, until I got my assessment and diagnosis, and it changed everything. It has even changed my attitude towards the government etc. Being on the other side of services (I used to work as a social worker and mental health nurse) has had a profound affect on my life. I have been looked after so well, even being given food from the food bank - I can tell you, for an aspie, getting your food from a food bank is a far nicer experience than going to a supermarket, and I love the atmosphere there so much that I am now on the rota to volunteer there. 

And ditto, regarding being by yourself or taking someone with you and I'm copying the idea for a sleeping bag - definitely a priority! 

Children
No Data