Money- As A Social 'Essential' Not Mentioned.

Greetings, anyone. This another of those Things which, if I ever gained access to 'Social Media/Forums', I have wanted to ask to "The Public". Responses, Support, Counters, Serious or Light... I do not mind.

This is in two Parts:

Part 1 - Partaking of 'Society' nowadays, totally disregards Money. For example: We are all, Young and Old, forced to 'Do things Online'. But what is never mentioned is that to be 'Online' requires a Device and a Subscription. These things cost a LOT of money... but this is glossed over as "Just a Click Away!" and similar. Purchases, Devices, Accounts, Subscriptions, Apps... such Prerequisites are NEVER mentioned. Adverts may sell one or two of those mentioned things, but never the fact that they (the PRICE Of) are needed Altogether.

Part 2 - This second is a simple observation. How much is it TRUE that Those who work within the "National Infrastructure" - Essential Services - (Such as Doctor, Nurse, Police, Fire Rescue, CareWork, etc.) ... are paid Wayyy less, than Non-Essential Things, (Such as Politicians, Footballers, Actors, etc.)...?

(To simplify all of this, another example...: Who, why and what, would anyone take if forced to be stranded upon a very faraway Desert Island? A Mobile Phone and a Footballer, with no connections... Or a Toolkit and a Nurse, also with no connections...)

Thanks for Reading. I may not be able to Post so much lately, but I am still who I am, and I intend to stay seeking what - and whom - I seek.

:-)

Parents
  • Great post ~ it's so interesting it is stopping me from meditating, although it doesn't take much these days to distract me from meditation

I don't think anybody is forced to do anything and there is always someone around to help. For example, if I ever go anywhere that requires a form to be filled in, I don't do it because I don't like filling in forms. Prior to diagnosis I just used to say I couldn't read or write very well and now I just say I'm autistic, and somebody will do for me the things that I don't like doing. Even if it's online stuff, someone will do it for me. The only thing I don't partake in, is if it is on Facebook as I don't really go on there but so what, I'm not going to die if I don't get to see the menu of a restaurant I was checking out because it's only available on Facebook or whatever. And if people haven't got a phone or some other access to the internet, for example, with a library card, then the chances of them being interested in any advertising is pretty low. Their lives are most likely far too interesting and engaging to be bothered with advertisements.

Who cares how much money somebody else makes? It's none of my business and to me, it's pretty obvious why footballers and the like get more money than most jobs ~ it's because they're doing what they love and it's a proven scientific fact, that when we do what we love, we get more and more of what we love, so it stands to reason that they'll get more money as we usually require money to do more and more things.

I've heard nurses, doctors, police etc complaining endlessly about their jobs and yet they still keep going back to them day in and day out!!! What do they expect? Do they think they can be miserable and moaning day in and day out and think that something good is going to come into their life from that? They ought to take a leaf out of a footballers book.

But back to your question, lol, I would take a knife maybe, or the toolkit that you mentioned, but that would be all. If I'm getting a chance to be on a desert island, I don't want to be taking any people with me, although if they can cook and catch food etc and they're good at making dens, then that would be permissible and I think I'd prefer him (clearly I'm thinking I'd rather take a man as opposed to a woman) to be a footballer rather than a nurse, so long as he's good at getting food, making fires and dens etc ~ David Beckham, although he's getting on a bit now, would still do if he can do the job :) actually, scrap that, I'm sure I could think of a better footballer than him to take with me!

• Great post ~ it's so interesting it is stopping me from meditating, although it doesn't take much these days to distract me from meditation

I don't think anybody is forced to do anything and there is always someone around to help. For example, if I ever go anywhere that requires a form to be filled in, I don't do it because I don't like filling in forms. Prior to diagnosis I just used to say I couldn't read or write very well and now I just say I'm autistic, and somebody will do for me the things that I don't like doing. Even if it's online stuff, someone will do it for me. The only thing I don't partake in, is if it is on Facebook as I don't really go on there but so what, I'm not going to die if I don't get to see the menu of a restaurant I was checking out because it's only available on Facebook or whatever. And if people haven't got a phone or some other access to the internet, for example, with a library card, then the chances of them being interested in any advertising is pretty low. Their lives are most likely far too interesting and engaging to be bothered with advertisements.

Who cares how much money somebody else makes? It's none of my business and to me, it's pretty obvious why footballers and the like get more money than most jobs ~ it's because they're doing what they love and it's a proven scientific fact, that when we do what we love, we get more and more of what we love, so it stands to reason that they'll get more money as we usually require money to do more and more things.

I've heard nurses, doctors, police etc complaining endlessly about their jobs and yet they still keep going back to them day in and day out!!! What do they expect? Do they think they can be miserable and moaning day in and day out and think that something good is going to come into their life from that? They ought to take a leaf out of a footballers book.

But back to your question, lol, I would take a knife maybe, or the toolkit that you mentioned, but that would be all. If I'm getting a chance to be on a desert island, I don't want to be taking any people with me, although if they can cook and catch food etc and they're good at making dens, then that would be permissible and I think I'd prefer him (clearly I'm thinking I'd rather take a man as opposed to a woman) to be a footballer rather than a nurse, so long as he's good at getting food, making fires and dens etc ~ David Beckham, although he's getting on a bit now, would still do if he can do the job :) actually, scrap that, I'm sure I could think of a better footballer than him to take with me!

Children
No Data