Anyone else having issues with the website?

I often can't reply on the forums unless I press ctrl+f5 to reload the page - otherwise it sits doing nothing when I submit. Also, I am asked to sign in, unless I am in the forums then it shows me signed in!
Speed is chronically slow.

Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

It's very messy. It's getting to the stage now whereby it's almost unusable. As a software developer I find this really annoying.

• I find it difficult to log in on my iPhone XS to start with.  My iPad Pro cuts off the left/right margins meaning some threads are cut off and computer seems to drop out/re-connect regularly.

iPad Pro 11 inch screenshot

• Hi DC.  I discovered the network autism forum some time.ago.  

It seems to me.to be the twilight zone of the NAS forum, a parallel.world.where things.are.not.as.they seem.  Not.very well used and perhaps.set.up more.for.those.with a 'professional' interest.rather than for.those.who are.affected.themselves. 

Having said that there are.things.there that.are.interesting.(as well as boring or just downright misinformed). So I do lurk on there sometimes.but generally the.posts.are.quite.old.

Perhaps.it.is.somehing that seemed.a.good idea at the time.but did not take off.

• The owners just ignore you’re expertises 

oh what a surprise 

• Yep! Can’t stand it to be honest. 

It’s the most awkward forum I’ve ever encountered and I’ve been using the web for 24 years! 

This site could be amazing but with most forum - rewriting the software means deleting the remaining forum posts and starting again. So it probs won’t happen.

There isn’t a single good thing about this software - it’s utter rubbish

The owners won’t change it - I  guarantee 

• ...Oh No it is Me again. (!) It looks as if this Thread is being largely ignored again. But I am Posting Links as to probably why...?

( Is This here "Community" like "The Spectrum" magazine.... whereas The "Network Autism" is like The "Your Autism" Magazine? ) Have a look at these, anyone.

https://network.autism.org.uk

https://network.autism.org.uk/discussions

https://www.autism.org.uk/global/content/network-autism-terms.aspx

https://network.autism.org.uk/discussion/autism-high-iq-and-especially-ageing

...There is a whole separate "Community" there, like a 'NASTwittFaceTube'-thing going on...

• Well you had better do as you say as my intentions are not about to change !

Yet if you keep on worrying about Me too much, then, By George, I SHALL come over there and eat everything which you have in the Fridge and then I shall eat the Fridge, HA Ha.)”

And you would always be welcome too empty My fridge although eating it might give you a poorly tummy. Fly high oh winged one.

x()x

• To anyone noticing this Thread... Thanks, and the Title means what it says. There are sometimes troubles and niggles with this Forum, and when encountering these, this is the latest Thread for Posting those. The Mr.WebPM also said this - just read the whole Thread so far if curious.

To close this Post, there was discussion about re-introducing the "interruption" page with an FAQ section. I still think this is a good idea, and did wonder whether NAS was interested more in accumulating the number of temporary visitors to this Forum rather than the 'quality' of their visits...?

I already suggested above, the many repeated questions asked, and that the interruption page could have provided NAS-Links to more information:  Is my Child autistic? Am I Autistic? What is assesment like? After Assesment? ... pages providing a basic answer or starting point for more answers could have been put upon the Interruption Page... that is what I said before, here. Thanks.

• ( To "Peripheral"... I have put off putting more upon this Thread in waiting for WebPM/NAS to do this-or-that about things mentioned upon it... I wait in vain, it seems. But I ignored this Thread so much that I missed this very important thing which you did about a week ago... "LoneWarrior" is now assessing the War from aside, before joining Battles, now...? (i.e. You changed both Name and Icon.)

Still all the same Good Fortune from Me Atchya, though. I apologise for threatening to eat all of your food in your fridge and then to eat the fridge. That was silly and irresponsible of me to say, and so I do apologise... For What I really meant was to just eat all of the Poultry and then only eat the fridge prior to leaving a newer better fridge fully stocked in its place, of course... 

I meant what I said about rest and regaining your own integrity though. Look after Yourself and hang onto contentedness. Thanks for being upon this Forum. )

• Me, again. Posting this again, The white text on white background...

...:

(Deleting posting above then Reposting here.)

• I run a forum with over 2 million comments that are all searchable on a reasonably low end machine that runs extremely quickly. There are also 200,000 articles on the main site, and 190,000 A4 scans. It's not necessarily the server that's the issue. The scripts need optimizing in most cases. The search is so fast, the (now common) suggestions as you type works in real time (those sites you might see where you start typing a search and links slide down for you to click). This is with 20,000+ users daily.

The only time the server has struggled are on the odd occasions where there are almost a million hits in 4hrs due to publicity.

• Why not have the images resized by the scripts on server when they are uploaded so you aren't relying on the user? There are plenty of thumbnail scripts available.

• We're aware that sign-ins are slow. As Robert123 mentions, we've been working on it, but it's still not good enough. I would recommend signing in before posting, and seeing whether posting is more satisfactory that way.

For images, try resizing down to something like the size you actually want them to appear. Lots of large images, posted by various users in one thread, could make the thread incredibly slow to load for everyone else. There are sites you can use to resize if you don't have an image editor.

Hope this helps.

• Hi Kitsun

We gave this a lot of thought when launching the forum. If content is only visible to members (by which I take it you mean registered forum users, as opposed to members of the National Autistic Society?), then Google will generally not index it. This means that people won't find the forum. So, instead, we ask users not to reveal personal information. For that reason, you have a forum name that is different from your sign-in user name; some people will have created sign-ins based on their real names, and we don't want to make those public. Nor do we encourage people to mention geographical or other identifying information, post selfies, or do anything else that might reveal themselves.

Most people in this thread are helping this process along by demonstrating to others that forum names should be pseudonyms and avatars can be a bit creative.

Hope this helps.

• I've never seen that. What device or computer are you using to access the site?

Thanks

• I usually write a reply then realise I've not logged in. I just hit the log in button on the reply box and my post appears when log in happens.

Everything is very slow but it does work. Apart from posting pictures. I can't post pictures at all!

• (...I should say this, finally...Thank You Kindly, Mr. LoneWarrior...But please do not worry so much about Me, for things are 'on the Level', so-to-speak.... You Please Must Take Care Of Yourself First! --- Yet if you keep on worrying about Me too much, then, By George, I SHALL come over there and eat everything which you have in the Fridge and then I shall eat the Fridge, HA Ha.)

;-)

• To Search, this is the link:

https://community.autism.org.uk/search?

...I wrote another longer answer but then I lost it, Sorry. Take a look around, again, and you may see previous Threads and Users, concerning 'Maintenance' of this Forum. I meant to say that NAS or WebPM should be replying to Posts/Queries such as this, rather than Me...!

...As far as I know, the Search searches this Forum and not the rest of the NAS thingys (!)... but as I say, Mr. WebPM should be replying to this and not Me, especially concerning anything "sticky"...!

(You are correct about the now hiding of the "search" button, though --- it is a recent change dating since late last year, and is more of a nuisance than the recent "Interruption Page" was.)

• To stop being drowned by emails (I was having the issue but sorted it earlier today) when you click on notifications, at the bottom of the box of notifications it says settings, click on settings and then you can choose when to receive notifications on the website, by email or both 

• I don’t have any issues using the forum but one  thing that does worry me is that the posts on these forums are public, that is anyone can see the content without being a member. Some of the content discussed between people with Autism Spectrum Diagnosis on here is quite personal. Is there any way that the forum could be viewed by members only?