Anyone else having issues with the website?

I often can't reply on the forums unless I press ctrl+f5 to reload the page - otherwise it sits doing nothing when I submit. Also, I am asked to sign in, unless I am in the forums then it shows me signed in!
Speed is chronically slow.

Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

It's very messy. It's getting to the stage now whereby it's almost unusable. As a software developer I find this really annoying.

Parents
  • Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

This seems to be gone, now. I was beginning to think that this interruption page might be changed into a very useful thing:

1 - Put the RULES onto that page. That way, not one person ("Newbies") could possibly miss them.

2 -Put proper "Hints and Tips" upon how to use this Site onto that Page. (How to Quote, Start new Threads, etc.)

3 - ...Most useful of all.. Put an FAQ on that page! "Am I Autistic? Is my child autistic? Getting a diagnosis? How long does it take? Now I am diagnosed, what next? I am autistic and in employment?"... That sort of thing.

• Very true, FAQ would be great as these questions come up again and again. Also some kind of messaging app - I've just got up to fire up my laptop in a fit of insomnia because ti's almost impossible to msg on my tablet  Disappointed

• I run a forum that has a FAQ. Unfortunately, nobody uses it. However, I have added a feature that suggests existing posts as you are typing a title for a new post.

• Well you had better do as you say as my intentions are not about to change !

Yet if you keep on worrying about Me too much, then, By George, I SHALL come over there and eat everything which you have in the Fridge and then I shall eat the Fridge, HA Ha.)”

And you would always be welcome too empty My fridge although eating it might give you a poorly tummy. Fly high oh winged one.

x()x

• ( To "Peripheral"... I have put off putting more upon this Thread in waiting for WebPM/NAS to do this-or-that about things mentioned upon it... I wait in vain, it seems. But I ignored this Thread so much that I missed this very important thing which you did about a week ago... "LoneWarrior" is now assessing the War from aside, before joining Battles, now...? (i.e. You changed both Name and Icon.)

Still all the same Good Fortune from Me Atchya, though. I apologise for threatening to eat all of your food in your fridge and then to eat the fridge. That was silly and irresponsible of me to say, and so I do apologise... For What I really meant was to just eat all of the Poultry and then only eat the fridge prior to leaving a newer better fridge fully stocked in its place, of course... 

I meant what I said about rest and regaining your own integrity though. Look after Yourself and hang onto contentedness. Thanks for being upon this Forum. )

• (...I should say this, finally...Thank You Kindly, Mr. LoneWarrior...But please do not worry so much about Me, for things are 'on the Level', so-to-speak.... You Please Must Take Care Of Yourself First! --- Yet if you keep on worrying about Me too much, then, By George, I SHALL come over there and eat everything which you have in the Fridge and then I shall eat the Fridge, HA Ha.)

;-)

• To Search, this is the link:

https://community.autism.org.uk/search?

...I wrote another longer answer but then I lost it, Sorry. Take a look around, again, and you may see previous Threads and Users, concerning 'Maintenance' of this Forum. I meant to say that NAS or WebPM should be replying to Posts/Queries such as this, rather than Me...!

...As far as I know, the Search searches this Forum and not the rest of the NAS thingys (!)... but as I say, Mr. WebPM should be replying to this and not Me, especially concerning anything "sticky"...!

(You are correct about the now hiding of the "search" button, though --- it is a recent change dating since late last year, and is more of a nuisance than the recent "Interruption Page" was.)

• Your missed greatly DC,

thank you for supporting as usual.

Take care and the (lately) remark suggests things have gotten rather less agreeable :( for you of late.

I hope things improve for you and soon. 

Take care and good fortune to you too.

x()x

• It's a very badly laid out forum and doesn't really leave much for more common features. Sticky posts being one of them. Rather than a FAQ (which would never be read), they are always at the top of each section. One of those stickys could just as easily be called FAQ and would be read. Another one could be "introduce yourself", etc.

BTW - I had to scroll up to see where the search button is! And it's where I would expect to find it, but something in my mind says that is a site search rather than a forum search?

• It's a very badly laid out forum and doesn't really leave much for more common features. Sticky posts being one of them. Rather than a FAQ (which would never be read), they are always at the top of each section. One of those stickys could just as easily be called FAQ and would be read. Another one could be "introduce yourself", etc.

BTW - I had to scroll up to see where the search button is! And it's where I would expect to find it, but something in my mind says that is a site search rather than a forum search?

Children
  • To Search, this is the link:

https://community.autism.org.uk/search?

...I wrote another longer answer but then I lost it, Sorry. Take a look around, again, and you may see previous Threads and Users, concerning 'Maintenance' of this Forum. I meant to say that NAS or WebPM should be replying to Posts/Queries such as this, rather than Me...!

...As far as I know, the Search searches this Forum and not the rest of the NAS thingys (!)... but as I say, Mr. WebPM should be replying to this and not Me, especially concerning anything "sticky"...!

(You are correct about the now hiding of the "search" button, though --- it is a recent change dating since late last year, and is more of a nuisance than the recent "Interruption Page" was.)