What type of craft/making do you like?

Hi all,

I was inspired by a thread yesterday about knitting, to start a craft or making thread to see what people on here like to craft or make. I like to bead/make jewellery, the type I make is sewn out of seed beads, into a variety of patterns. Included are some photos of my latest piece, a necklace which took 12 hours! Please feel free to share your craft/hobby and a picture of your latest/favourite make if you wish.

Parents
  • I have been through many crafts during my life. I'm not doing any at the moment which is probably a pity. I do do some cake decorating though. In the past I have done things like card making, cross stitch, modelling kits and my personal favourite, glass painting. Not really craft but at the moment I quite like editing photos.

• Cake decorating sounds fun. What sort of cakes do you decorate? I got a whole series of sweet making magazines the other year, still need to find time to make some more  of them. I did make some of the Irish cream truffles a few Christmasses ago to give as presents, they were super yummy!!

I was really into glass painting several years ago. I should get back into it really as I have all the gear: glass paints, outline stickers and stuff.  Do you paint glasses/bottles of anything else?

Photo editing is something that I am having to get into right now! Still having issues uploading pictures onto this website. Now I’m on a mission though!! Just downloading the iCloud for windows app onto my laptop so I can get the photos onto there and hopefully make them NAS forum worthy using the tips I got the other week on here. What sort of photos are you editing?

• Usually birthday cakes. I don't do it very often because as much as I enjoy it, it's very stressful when it doesn't go to plan. Sweet making is something I've always wanted to try but never had a go at.

It's a while since I've done any glass painting. I should get back into it really. It was mainly jars and glasses I painted. I also had some templates to go over on a plain piece of glass. I did a mini workshop once at a glass shop where they helped me actually make a picture out of glass. That was amazing. I'm a bit fascinated by anything glass.

I'm only very amateur at photo editing but I'd like to learn more. I generally just edit photos I've taken, usually of landscapes or animals. Occasionally of people.

• Usually birthday cakes. I don't do it very often because as much as I enjoy it, it's very stressful when it doesn't go to plan. Sweet making is something I've always wanted to try but never had a go at.

It's a while since I've done any glass painting. I should get back into it really. It was mainly jars and glasses I painted. I also had some templates to go over on a plain piece of glass. I did a mini workshop once at a glass shop where they helped me actually make a picture out of glass. That was amazing. I'm a bit fascinated by anything glass.

I'm only very amateur at photo editing but I'd like to learn more. I generally just edit photos I've taken, usually of landscapes or animals. Occasionally of people.

Children