What type of craft/making do you like?

Hi all,

I was inspired by a thread yesterday about knitting, to start a craft or making thread to see what people on here like to craft or make. I like to bead/make jewellery, the type I make is sewn out of seed beads, into a variety of patterns. Included are some photos of my latest piece, a necklace which took 12 hours! Please feel free to share your craft/hobby and a picture of your latest/favourite make if you wish.

• Meh! I totally replied to this last night and the reply has disappeared (curses the forum software under my breath!). I just sew seed beads into various patterns, nothing too technical. I also have a kiln that I bought several years ago that I’ve been too scared to use yet plus I need to buy a shelf for it. Once I’ve got a shelf, myself and one of my autistic friends who lives nearby are going to have a play as I also have a few packets of silver clay hanging around.

• Thank you Blush It took me just over a month BUT that was just doing the odd couple of hours in the evenings a few days a week after the children were in bed and if I wasn’t too tired. 

• Very cool, all in all how long did It take to make? 

• I just sew seed beads in various patterns, nothing spectacular. I do have a kiln and some silver clay though, and possibly a couple of semi precious cabochons hanging around. I must learn how to use those sometime soon....

• So, I finally finished my beaded doll/Christmas bauble cover mash up. A little late for Christmas Flushed But hey! There’s always next Christmas. I like the hair/bodice/peplum skirt but the lower skirt could be better and the face bead is freaking me out! But, considering that this is my first attempt at either design, let alone combining the two, I think she turned out okish?

• What about your self 

• I make things very basic, 

So for stone I engrave with dremel and make pendants I can put wood around to make like a composite piece plus can paint. 

Wood and paint pendant.

I have knowledge of casting but no practical place to make, such as lost wax cast I love the idea that the ancients used cuttlefish lovely lines

I used to work as a dental tech so casting i have alot of skills in  ha, I'm not the best at adding stones to metal I don't have skills in this. I would love to learn thou.

You can cast with some stones in place. 

• With my beading, it’s more of a case that I get bored of working on the same piece for weeks and weeks on end. For example, sometimes I make necklaces up in spiral peyote stitch. I love the effect I can get with this stitch especially if I use enough different colours and enough different sized beads. But it takes soooo loooong to get the complicated piece so I’m just doing the same stitch repeatedly for however many hours it takes. I don’t mind it for a while but I have my limits so usually, about half way through, I leave it and do something else for a bit, intending to go back and finish it at some point!

• Yeah I know that feeling, I have to have new ideas for the old pieces. 

• Thank you! This one was a relatively simple stitch. Some pieces take so many hours to complete! I have many half finished projects that I must get around to finishing at some point. Once a piece hits the 50 hour mark, I tend to lose interest!

• It’s really good! You mentioned above that you make jewellery. How do you make your jewellery if you don’t mind me asking?

• Do you have any ideas for your art work? 

• It does sound like a cool idea

Thanks Nexus9. 

• It does sound like a cool idea

• I really want to do a massive one that has lots of story's in it so everytime you look at it somthing new is see, I think that's a cool idea

• That sounds like a good colour combination for your necklace! Your necklaces look very professional by the way

• It's good that you can redraw and reuse your designs!

I see the birds and clouds, the women and the skulls. I can see some snake-like outlines, perhaps these are the beast?

• Thank you nexus9, In this sea storm picture I have put

1. viking ship
    2. Skulls
    3. Sea beast
    4. A woman
    5. Waves of the sea
    6. And birds, clouds in the sky.

Can you see them?

What I do is draw them out and fold the paper and trace from the other side then redraw the whole lot and I keep all of them for reuse and use them like jigsaw pieces so I have a really big one with my different design put together so i have Same pictures with different endings like this. 

• Thank you Kitsune, 

I am still developing my skills with pyrography I usually work with pens I make something with many pictures and make a pattern.