What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

• Finally reading Crime and Punishment. It's giving me a good idea of why Russian novelists like Dostoyevsky are considered the greatest ever. I'm enjoying it but I'm not sure that it's a style I'll actively search for more of.

• I'm currently reading Tree of Ages by Sara C. Roethle. Really awesome book so far. It's so gripping and interesting, I have breaks and then I keep going straight back to it.

• I'm a quarter of the way through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I love all the books but this one is one of the best I think.

• I love reading, but for some reason go through very fallow periods where (audiobooks aside) I jus don't, and can't seem to overcome the inertia. Then when I get going, I really do. Even then, there might then be a protracted intermission mid-book. 

I just finished one called Convenience Store Woman (which has an implied autistic dimension to its very likeable lead character), and my next book will be 'The John Nathan-Turner Production Diaries' - a forensic deep-dive into the literal day-to-day activities of Doctor Who's producer in the 1980s, pieced together from all sorts of paperwork in yellowing files still kept by the BBC. Right up my street, though I should try and read something concurrentky that's not so overtly connected to my special interest too. I'll probably die without an adequate grounding in the classics because my focus was so narrow. 

• Listening to ADHD 0.2 to try and understand my ADHD better. I like factual books that either teach you skills or train your mind. I don't care for fiction much thought 

• I missed that topic. I don't have space to unpack my books, I left all shelves at previous location, so it's many boxes

Among those I read recently, most of it it's sci-fi there is one or two I would recommend:

Lathe of Heaven by Ursula le Guin

Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress 

• Reading takes me a long time not always good with words EyesSee no evil But that won't stop me!

I'm currently reading a romantic fun book called I'm Still Standing by Colleen Coleman. It's really good. I like a good light-hearted book.

• Awareness   by Anthony De Mellor       very similar to Zen/buddhism      it is a mysticism book actually very good wee book

• Klara and the Sun. 

I am about half way through it

• the bell curve I just finished a few powerlifting science books.

• if i was allowed both,, but I would start with Scotland. Then  parts of England.  BTW I'm not in charge otherwise cutting down trees would be met with the death penalty !

• And England wolves? Or just Scotland? 

• I'm reading Enid Blyton's Famous Five collection. I've just started book 7 (Five Go Off To Camp). I read in bed for about an hour each night. They're very predictable but lot so of fun and just the kind of old-fashioned children's adventures that suits me before sleeping.

I'm also dipping in and out of Stephen Fry's Mythos and Heroes books, but I tend to read them during the day because they require a little bit more concentration. 

• I'm currently reading 'Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking' by Susan Cain, it's very interesting.

• yea bring back scottish wolves :)

• Wild signs and star paths by Tristan Gooley. 

It's a book teaching you how to read 'the wild' so to speak. How to use the sky and the stars for direction. And then it goes onto animal behaviours but I have only just started it, so not got to that part yet. 

Before that, I read Big Red, which is a children's book (fiction) about an Irish Setter and a boy. It was the kind of adventure in woods and wilderness that I liked as a kid, though I disagreed with the authors' apparent message which appeared to be 'hunting for sport is fun and good.' but the main characters father was correct in the beginning when he only believed in hunting for practical purposes (food, hunting animals that we become overrun and overpopulated with etc) but then by the end, unfortunately, his father started to come around to the idea of hunting for sport. 

Before that I read a nonfiction book called 'the last wolf' talking about all the myths we have, mostly in Scotland (where the writer is based i think) about who killed the 'last wolf' but it's also a book detailing an argument for why we should reintroduce wolves. I came away from that book thinking he may just have a point. He described wolves poetically as, 'painters of mountains.' He talked about how a mountain in Scotland (i can't remember the geographical whereabouts exactly now or the name of the place) had become bare and it was largely because deer had become sedentary because they had no wolves, their predators. On the surface, this looks like a good thing for deer because they don't have to worry about wolves. But they eat trees and foliage to the bare bone and actually many in the end starve to death. It was an interesting book, the author was Jim Crumley. 

• It had some back and white drawing type of illustrations. The rest of was a diary of his observations of Raven in the winter. 

How the younger Ravens seem to 'recruit' more Ravens to come along to food. And the older, usually a couple (Like husband and wife) were territorial over food. 

And some details on postures and what they mean about their positioning in the hierarchy.

• Therein lies the problem

• Sound's like governments don't want basic income, as they would lose their means of control.

•  if i ever became rich i would have a herd of pet cows !