British Museum

Way too many people. Queuing to have our bags searched was the worst part. But it was worth it!

Parents Reply
  • I wondered why you had marble in a coal museum Laughing I love touching certain things as well and I also dislike extremely touching certain things.

I’ve just started to surround myself with the things I love to touch, it’s an ongoing project to get my living environments just perfect for me, so lots of touchy things that I like Blush As well as getting the lighting right, lots of candle light Slight smile

Children
  • I find fleeces great. Nice and soft. I always cut the labels out too. I can't recommend fleeces enough. I'm pretty bad with sensitivity to clothing.

I bought a Carhartt jacket on sale a few years ago, and the lining is amazing. The outside is tough as nails, but the inside is well, probably the softest thing ever. It makes velvet feel like 40- grit sandpaper. They've stopped stocking them now. Next time they come in I'll buy a couple. I really wish that more brands could use the same lining. I'm looking but I can't find anything quite like it.

• Yeah me too, we can never have too much soothing. The more I learn about myself, the more I am creating the perfect environment for me, meaning the right clothes, soft blankets on my settees, the right lighting etc. I can’t wait to be living in my camper van so I have more the sounds of nature and less ‘house’ noises. 

Look after yourself. Gently does it as the real you arises :) 

• I am now buying specific clothes purely for the texture , stimming clothes, colour doesn’t matter, not even gender specific,, if it feels nice I buy it,, jumpers mainly, I have sensitive touch, I wear them around the house and sleep in them, 

glad you are adapting things for you, like you certain things feel horrible others I find soothing. Need a lot of that recently, 

Take care  x()x()x

• Of course, and get out of the room quick, after they've been extinguished, to avoid smelling that after smell thing they do ;) 

• As well as getting the lighting right, lots of candle light

Unperfumed, of course!