The Spectrum Magazine -PenPals

I won’t bother again, I have lost interest in it.  But has anyone ever tried to put a pen-pal advert in The Spectrum and never had it published?

It’s happened twice to me, so I’m not bothering again. I won’t do anything on this forum as well.

Parents
  • Hi Creek

sorry you’ve not had any luck getting your advert published on The Spectrum. Life can be tough when you try and connect and reach out and the response seems rather flat :(

so, out of curiousity, what’s your post grad in? English?.. (or maybe magic?)

best wishes

Ellie 

btw. Thank you for asking if I was ok on the thread I started the other day. It meant a lot. 

• Hi.  My post grad is in Law, more specifically Bar Vocational Studies. I.e long winded way of saying the academic course to be a Barrister.  Never got to practice though. 

Be safe.

• I spent much time at uni on “bar vocational studies”..... so being a baarstercwas nit to be, or a barista

• Barrister practice law. Not meant to be. I had thought of maybe going to acting classes and trying that out.  

I had one practice session at the Magic Circle.  It wasn’t an audition but everything, I mean everything went wrong. 

Had good audience rapport.  I’ve done bits of magic for my nephews but no gig since then.

• Would an assistant help?.. someone Aspie aware... who can step in if you wobble and help you feel a little less “exposed”

• Just got your message. So much for the alerts.

I had thought about an “assistant” or “partner.”  The trouble I think is finding someone who is Aspie aware and willing to do it. 

Though for NT’s it’s not the most glamorous or cool thing to be. 

Though I think it is! Magic is having a revival.

• It is cool!

I would suggest maybe approaching local colleges to see if they have any aspie students who are also interested in magic.  All college students also have to undertake work experience as well.  Advertise at the college the vacancy, interview applicants and then during the work experience week develop your show with them and at the end of the week do the performance to a small audience??

Just a thought.... You're probably reading that and thinking of all your aspie anxieties - contacting someone unknown, putting yourself out there, worried about being ridiculed or no feedback at all etc. Performance anxiety etc etc.

WANTED - MAGICIANS ASSISTANT

As a magician's assistant, your duties include helping present illusions on stage, preparing equipment to be used in the magic act, and assisting with props during the show. NOTE:  Must be happy to work in confined spaces, like rabbits and be able to keep the mystique of magic tricks!  Job Risks:  Likely to be sawn in half.

• It is cool!

I would suggest maybe approaching local colleges to see if they have any aspie students who are also interested in magic.  All college students also have to undertake work experience as well.  Advertise at the college the vacancy, interview applicants and then during the work experience week develop your show with them and at the end of the week do the performance to a small audience??

Just a thought.... You're probably reading that and thinking of all your aspie anxieties - contacting someone unknown, putting yourself out there, worried about being ridiculed or no feedback at all etc. Performance anxiety etc etc.

WANTED - MAGICIANS ASSISTANT

As a magician's assistant, your duties include helping present illusions on stage, preparing equipment to be used in the magic act, and assisting with props during the show. NOTE:  Must be happy to work in confined spaces, like rabbits and be able to keep the mystique of magic tricks!  Job Risks:  Likely to be sawn in half.

Children
No Data