Mishear & Misread

Does anyone else suffer from my problems?

Where I mishear or misread something.

The latest incident is a BBC website  article, where I initially read.

Call to exclude pupils with ASD.

It actually read.

Call to test excluded pupils for ADHD.

Very different!

I often watch DVDs with subtitles.  And when I'm unsure of what was said or written I rewind and listen/read again.  And the second time round it's different.

• Because they are Universal Truths. Poverty doesn’t exist. It’s a mind set. If I asked you to show me poverty, what would it look like? You could show me a table or a chair but you couldn’t show me poverty. 

This is a universal truth. What isn’t, is poverty. That is simply an individual’s belief about their situation and it can change at any time. A table isn’t suddenly going to change, if for example you brought a chair into the room. But poverty or the idea of it might change if you throw a bag full of money into the mix.

If a person ‘believes’ they are living in poverty (i.e. they have the mindset that they are living in poverty) then it’s very difficult for them to get out of what appears to be actual poverty. The subconscious mind, accepts without judgement and whether it’s ‘True’ or not, that which the conscious mind believes  and it will bring into the person’s experience, that which they believe. So if a person believes they’re living in poverty then that’s what they will experience in their outer life. They can’t not. This is a universal truth. 

Anybody who has belief’s is suffering in one way or another because believing our beliefs is the only cause of suffering. 

Isn’t it pretty obvious that when you’re talking, you’re talking from your perspective? How else can you talk unless you’re reciting the thoughts or veiws of somebody else and in that case, I would say yes, make that obvious. Otherwise we can safely assume that when somebody is talking, they’re talking from their own experiences, points of view, etc etc. 

• If that's the case, then why do you so often present your own beliefs and perspectives as universal truths ('Poverty doesn't exist,' et al)? 

These aren't universal truths.  They're your beliefs.  Which makes them no truer than anyone else's.

I have my beliefs, too.  I try to present them as 'In my belief' or 'In my opinion'.  I don't accept that they're the only ways of seeing things.

• Of course they do, we ALL do and I don’t have to try to understand people, I generally do, and unless we’re in a conversation of some kind, I don’t waste my time thinking about how other people see the world, I just accept them as I find them and get on with living. And I’ve rarely, if ever, failed to understand another person’s point of view because I don’t stop until I do understand it. That’s how I live, I keep going ‘until’ ~ so if I’m in a situation that requires me to understand another person’s point of view, in work say with a client, then I don’t stop ‘until’ I do understand it, it’s as simple as that really. 

• I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun

Well, there you go, BlueRay.  Exactly.  You see the world so differently.  The corollary being, other people see the world so differently to you.  And if you can't be bothered to try to understand what they're saying, and prefer to interpret things in a way that is more fun for you, then that's probably why you don't get other people's viewpoints. 

• I try to watch everything with subtitles because occasionally I am reading one thing and hearing something completely different.

• I misunderstand stuff all the time because I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun so I prefer to stick with that, unless it’s important for me (or them) to understand and then I’ll put in the effort, otherwise it’s just me, myself and I in my little world Laughing

• It funny you mention subtitles, my daughter has a thing for watching everything with subtitles switched on and can never explain why, I wonder if this has any thing to do with it 

• I saw a sign in Cornwall pointing to a panoramic view.  Only I read it as Paranormal view.

That has since become what I call a wide vista.

• Happens a lot to me too. If not sure what someone said ask them to repeat it.  I say that a lot:

”I’m sorry I didn’t quite catch what you said.”