Mishear & Misread

Does anyone else suffer from my problems?

Where I mishear or misread something.

The latest incident is a BBC website  article, where I initially read.

Call to exclude pupils with ASD.

It actually read.

Call to test excluded pupils for ADHD.

Very different!

I often watch DVDs with subtitles.  And when I'm unsure of what was said or written I rewind and listen/read again.  And the second time round it's different.

Parents
  • I misunderstand stuff all the time because I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun so I prefer to stick with that, unless it’s important for me (or them) to understand and then I’ll put in the effort, otherwise it’s just me, myself and I in my little world Laughing

• I misunderstand stuff all the time because I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun so I prefer to stick with that, unless it’s important for me (or them) to understand and then I’ll put in the effort, otherwise it’s just me, myself and I in my little world Laughing

Children
  • I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun

Well, there you go, BlueRay.  Exactly.  You see the world so differently.  The corollary being, other people see the world so differently to you.  And if you can't be bothered to try to understand what they're saying, and prefer to interpret things in a way that is more fun for you, then that's probably why you don't get other people's viewpoints.