Mishear & Misread

Does anyone else suffer from my problems?

Where I mishear or misread something.

The latest incident is a BBC website  article, where I initially read.

Call to exclude pupils with ASD.

It actually read.

Call to test excluded pupils for ADHD.

Very different!

I often watch DVDs with subtitles.  And when I'm unsure of what was said or written I rewind and listen/read again.  And the second time round it's different.

Parents
  • I misunderstand stuff all the time because I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun so I prefer to stick with that, unless it’s important for me (or them) to understand and then I’ll put in the effort, otherwise it’s just me, myself and I in my little world

• I misunderstand stuff all the time because I see the world so differently and I’ve understood enough of how a lot of people see the world to not bother to try and understand what they’re saying most of the time and my interpretation is usually much more fun so I prefer to stick with that, unless it’s important for me (or them) to understand and then I’ll put in the effort, otherwise it’s just me, myself and I in my little world

Children