DNA test to trace ancestry

Has anyone ever taken a DNA test that gives info about your ancestry and if so, what company did they use and would they recommend them, 

Parents
  • I wouldn't take one myself. I'm not comfortable with private companies owning my DNA. That's just me though, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm certain I'm not the milkmans though. I look just as Oriental as my dad, almost identical, but darker because my nan is ethnically North African Jew on my mom's side. I have ginger hair (in places) because both of my darker skinned grandparents married Glaswegian, and Irish spouses. I'm one odd looking ***.

• That’s so cool that you’ve got bits of your parents and grandparents in you and that you really do represent the different countries in such a way. 

I’ve heard other people say they don’t want some organisation holding their DNA but I don’t care about that. Maybe they’ll clone me and there’ll be another one like me :) 

• That’s so cool that you’ve got bits of your parents and grandparents in you and that you really do represent the different countries in such a way. 

People ask me where I'm from sometimes. I just say "from here" if I'm not out of town! That's how I feel!

I’ve heard other people say they don’t want some organisation holding their DNA but I don’t care about that. Maybe they’ll clone me and there’ll be another one like me :)

Go for it, I'm not telling you what to do! If they cloned me it would be useless. I would be too big for the armour and jet pack. (Useless Star Wars reference).Wink

• Lol, I can't even describe to you the mad crazy image I have in my head right now, but it's fun, my picture building mind has done you proud Relaxed

Reply Children
No Data