Libraries

When I was young I used to enjoy visits to libraries, they were a place of refuge.  Peaceful, quiet, a nice atmosphere, the smell of books.  And I enjoyed reading.

Now Dizzy face .it's all changed.

My local library ( as have most of the libraries in the city)      has been refurbished and renamed a community hub.

Now there are few books, .lots of computers, uniformed security guards, meeting rooms, help and advice experts on council services, jobs & benefits.  And finally the local post office has closed down and moved into this library itself.

On one side of the room there is a bookcase and next to it a queue of people using the post office.

I miss the old traditional libraries. With wooden bookshelves, books, a librarian and cardboard library tickets in books with dated stamps.

Parents
  • A couple of today's photos of the library/post office/community hub.

The strange thing is that although the library has been renamed as a community hub, everyone still calls it the library.  Even the notice on the old post office states that they have moved to the library.

• I call our town centre’s shopping arcade, the arndale centre, and it hasn’t  been called that for years. I can’t even remember what they call it now! I guess I just like the old name Shrug tone1‍ 

I hope our libraries don’t change into hubs or change too much, I kind of like them as they are. 

• I call our town centre’s shopping arcade, the arndale centre, and it hasn’t  been called that for years. I can’t even remember what they call it now! I guess I just like the old name Shrug tone1‍ 

I hope our libraries don’t change into hubs or change too much, I kind of like them as they are. 

Children
No Data