Libraries

When I was young I used to enjoy visits to libraries, they were a place of refuge.  Peaceful, quiet, a nice atmosphere, the smell of books.  And I enjoyed reading.

Now Dizzy face .it's all changed.

My local library ( as have most of the libraries in the city)      has been refurbished and renamed a community hub.

Now there are few books, .lots of computers, uniformed security guards, meeting rooms, help and advice experts on council services, jobs & benefits.  And finally the local post office has closed down and moved into this library itself.

On one side of the room there is a bookcase and next to it a queue of people using the post office.

I miss the old traditional libraries. With wooden bookshelves, books, a librarian and cardboard library tickets in books with dated stamps.

Parents
  • That’s a shame ~ come to live where I live, our library still has some wooden bookshelves although no cardboard library tickets, but it’s a great place to go. I go to do my work there as I tend to be able to focus better when I’m out of my home environment and I’ve always loved libraries so I often go to simply sit, browse books or some of the magazines they have there, or to use the computer. Our main library has lots of great talks going on and lots of great info as to what’s going on in the town, as well. 

Our local library is small compared to the main library in town and it’s not open as often as it’s run by volunteers and they don’t have enough of them to be open all day every day, but it’s still a great place to go. 

I also found a quite spot in one of our big churches. They have a little quite area where you can just sit and be quiet or read or whatever and I was told that I’m more than welcome to use that spot whenever I want. I’ve found a couple of cafes/coffee shops  as well where I can get to sit quietly and read or whatever. 

• That’s a shame ~ come to live where I live, our library still has some wooden bookshelves although no cardboard library tickets, but it’s a great place to go. I go to do my work there as I tend to be able to focus better when I’m out of my home environment and I’ve always loved libraries so I often go to simply sit, browse books or some of the magazines they have there, or to use the computer. Our main library has lots of great talks going on and lots of great info as to what’s going on in the town, as well. 

Our local library is small compared to the main library in town and it’s not open as often as it’s run by volunteers and they don’t have enough of them to be open all day every day, but it’s still a great place to go. 

I also found a quite spot in one of our big churches. They have a little quite area where you can just sit and be quiet or read or whatever and I was told that I’m more than welcome to use that spot whenever I want. I’ve found a couple of cafes/coffee shops  as well where I can get to sit quietly and read or whatever. 

Children
No Data