Wanting the world to be a better place

Hello I am feeling so angry and upset about the way the world is and with people disagreeing with me on certain things like when I only say that I want the world to be a better place and saying things in which are not very helpful like when I say that no one should be forced to do something they do not really like or do not want to do as this is so wrong because we should all be allowed to make our own choices in our own lives. I just want to be able to do something to make this world a better place even though I am not expecting the world to be completely perfect or expecting people to be completely perfect either in which I understand that but I just want more positives and no more negatives like no more war, no more curfews, no more violence, no more bullying, no more disabilities, no more being told what to do as I am sick of it now and also no more people being so unpleasant or unkind to each other. I want to be able to write to the government about my concerns and be able to stand up more for myself and tell everyone how I feel. I really want more things to be done to make this world a better place and to prevent a lot of negative things like abuse and neglect and bullying. Also I want everyone to treat 18-25 year olds more as adults and for them to have more rights and freedom of other adults too.

Parents
  • That's a pretty big job to take on, to change the world. And what would you change it into? Are saying you want everybody in the world to see the world like you do and to experience it the way you do, being angry and upset and wanting everybody to think, feel and act like you?

You say you are upset and angry at the world disagreeing with you ~ why not start there? Why not decide to quit anger and upset and instead of trying to get people to agree with you, you could decide to instead, take the time to understand them. It's not too difficult to do. All we have to do is stop talking and listen. Maybe they're happy with the world as it is and they may be able to therefore help you to be happier in the world because getting angry and upset doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your precious time here on this earth. When people feel heard, respected and understood, they are more likely be open to hearing what you have to say.

Maybe before you begin to change the world, you could work on changing your world so instead of being angry, upset and demanding the world thinks like you, you could find happiness, joy, compassion and understanding and then when other people see how happy and content you are, they will ask you how you do it and that way, you start changing the world for the better.

• Thank you for helping but I just want people to agree with me for once because no one ever seems to agree with me on anything at all I think and that is bad and I cannot be happy unless people was to stop changing certain things like trying to prevent even younger adults as well from doing certain things like smoke, drink, argue with their partners, have children, being around others of all ages and also make their own decisions. I really need for things to be sorted out and for people to agree and be on my side for once as I feel like I cannot even win at all.

• Why do you want people to agree with you?

And why are you so interested in what other people do or don't do?

Happiness isn't found outside of yourself or in other people or situations, circumstances or things. It's somethimg that's inside of you and it most certainly does not rely on anybody else or anything else.

You say you can't be happy until people stop having minds and lives of their own and until they start agreeing with you and doing what you say - so on that basis, you have just guaranteed that you will never be happy because you will never be able to control what everybody thinks. You might be able to manipulate and brain wash some people to your way of thinking but certainly not everybody. 

You say you can't win ~ what is it you're trying to win? Are you trying to win control and domination of the whole world and everyone in it so you can manipulate and brain wash them all to think and behave in ways that you dictate? Where would you even start?

It sounds exhausting. Why not focus on your own life, rather than the lives of other people? That way you might find happiness that's not dependent on changing anybody else and I'm sure it would be a lot less exhausting and much simpler and easier. 

• Why do you want people to agree with you?

And why are you so interested in what other people do or don't do?

Happiness isn't found outside of yourself or in other people or situations, circumstances or things. It's somethimg that's inside of you and it most certainly does not rely on anybody else or anything else.

You say you can't be happy until people stop having minds and lives of their own and until they start agreeing with you and doing what you say - so on that basis, you have just guaranteed that you will never be happy because you will never be able to control what everybody thinks. You might be able to manipulate and brain wash some people to your way of thinking but certainly not everybody. 

You say you can't win ~ what is it you're trying to win? Are you trying to win control and domination of the whole world and everyone in it so you can manipulate and brain wash them all to think and behave in ways that you dictate? Where would you even start?

It sounds exhausting. Why not focus on your own life, rather than the lives of other people? That way you might find happiness that's not dependent on changing anybody else and I'm sure it would be a lot less exhausting and much simpler and easier. 

Children
  • Nobody can make you accept anything, unless they take over your brain somehow. But if you don’t accept something as it is (reality) then you’re arguing against it, and that never got anybody anywhere. Accepting something doesn’t mean you agree with it or that you won’t do what you can to change it, if that’s your desire. But before we can change something we have to accept it otherwise we’re simply going around in circles by fighting with it.

And you’re not arguing with me. You’re simply sharing with me the way you see the world (thank you) and visa versa, I’m simply sharing with you how I see the world. We don’t have to agree, which doesn’t mean we’re arguing and it doesn’t mean we can’t respect and value each other’s view points, each are equally valid. 

If you want to achieve a certain goal in life, which you find difficult, you can get help or find ways of improving your skills that will help you to achieve your goal. Often, it’s the things we find most challenging that hold the greatest rewards. 

From what you’ve said, I’m guessing that somebody in your life is treating you as if you were a child, taking care if you, guiding you and protecting you and you object to that. Is that correct? 

• I like the reply but still I am not trying to argue with reality here when I say that I don't want to accept the way life is it is just certain negative things in this world that no one should make me accept. All I want is for life to be better that is all I am asking and I should not have to accept life as it is like when I keep being bullied, being picked on, being told what to do, being treated like a child, not being listened to or understood and also other things that should change for the better. I want to be treated more as an individual and as an adult as we all have rights and we do not have to accept the way life is when it is hard and negative that is the point I am making I do not want to try and argue with you but that is all I am saying that's all.

• I was going to write a p.s. to say that I agree with you on many things you say. I have always thought you make some great points and I am definitely on your side.

So that's one person who (genuinely) agrees with you and is (genuinely) on your side. How many more people do you need in order for you to be happy? You say you don't need everybody, would a million people do or do you want more than that? 

You don't have to do anything in this life that you don't want to do but if you don't accept life as it is, you are effectively arguing with reality, and when you do that, you will lose, but only 100% of the time and you will always be at war. 

When you accept life as it is, you are then in a position to do something about it. For example, if you would like to see more love in the world, you can practice being more loving, instead of spending your time being angry, which of course simply brings more anger into the world.  

If you would like to see more kindness in the world, practice being kind to everyone you meet, particularly those who are judged by the majority of the world as not being worthy of kindness, because they need it more than any of us.

If you want to see more acceptance in the world, practice being more accepting of others. You could start with the people who don't agree with you. You can learn to accept them and their views and life experiences even though they're different to yours. This would be a great way to bring more acceptance into the world. 

If you would like to see more peace in the world, practice being peaceful. Is there anything that helps you with this? For example, being out in nature? Riding a bike? Splashing in puddles? 

There's a lot you can do to change the world. The world definitely needs more peace, more love, more understanding, more forgiveness, more compassion and more acceptance ~ you can definitely bring more of all those things into the world by practicing them on a daily basis and on everyone you meet. 

• Well I am not expecting everyone to agree with me on everything in which is ok but I would like for some people to agree with me and be on my side for once that is all I am asking. Also I am not interested in other people's lives that much as I want to focus on my own life and I just wish that the bible and everyone was to stop telling me or making me accept the way life is as I don't have to accept the way it is like a lot of horrible things going on in this world and many others I don't like either as this is not helpful as we can make the world a better place after all.